Heat Drive spacer question >

Heat Drive spacer question

Notices

Heat Drive spacer question

Old 02-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heat Drive spacer question

Looking for some advice. I have a 2003 Heat, 500EFI, AZSM trottle body, XZ drive, 26p brovo prop. The best speed I have gotten was 71 on GPS. I've read several posts saying that if you add a 1" drive spacer it helps to loosen the boat up and I could gain mph. It currently does blow the prop on take off. Should I get a spacer...and what can I expect if I do?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the drive "1" spacer will help in everyway. From planing to top speed. JUST DO IT !!!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I DIG IT !!
Yes the drive "1" spacer will help in everyway. From planing to top speed. JUST DO IT !!!
Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to check, calculate the correct X dimension? I don't know a lot about it. I do know the stern seams "heavy" and if I run the tabs down to about 4-6 degrees the boat is actualy faster than nuetral. I am assuming the spacer will help with the stern lift. Hoping some of you who have played with this can advise.