Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
outdrive issue >

outdrive issue

Notices

outdrive issue

Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just found out it does have an alarm so i think ur right chico, dont think the oil was the issue but just didnt seem like that much oil came out when i pulled the lower unit off.havent got the prop shaft out,dont you need a special tool to get it apart?im pretty sure thats the problem cuz i can turn the top shaft and the prop shaft doesnt turn
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

You looks like you already found the problem; Blown upper. Just for the record though, a spun prop hub will usually still move the boat at idle.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Chuck,
Maybe someone in the Louisville area can recommend a shop in your area to look at your drive.
If not, we have a great guy here in town (Nashville). Eric Betty @ EBM. He is excellent on drives. His # is 615-714-2944.
We are only 175 miles from Louisville. There is some construction on I-65 near Park City, but it's not too bad.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Gold Member

thanks for all the info guys,ended up takin the boat to a guy from somerset ky recommended by a friend,turns out gear in the lower was split so be a fairly easy fix!everybody on here seems to run a 1inch spacer so im gonna go ahead and put one on while its apart.dont really get it just yet,nordics are rare in ky ,from what ive gathered id rate em like a fountain hull wise?am i totally off?everybody here loves bajas and powerquest but nordics seem like a better boat from what ive seen,i think the fountains are great performance boats and if i hadnt have got a nordic no doubt id have bought a fountain but the interior seems a little old school on the fountains
Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Registered

Glad to hear it is an easy fix! Personally I would rate the Nordics up there with the best of em, but I am biased. Design wise, there are very few Vs that look as hot as the Nordics. And the craftsmanship is top notch IMO as well Enjoy the ride, glad you will be back on the water soon!