nordic rage buying help >

nordic rage buying help

Notices

nordic rage buying help

Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nordic rage buying help

hey guys i dont know alot about the boat except what i have been reading but i need some help.

i am looking at a 2004 rage with a 496 whipple nice set up dual ram steering pretty much has all the options.

what do i need to look for in this boat pro / cons

constructions type wood / composite.

what would i be looking at for top speed

i also live in the clearwater FL area this boat will used in the gulf so can it handle chop?

any input would be great
Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off I love my rage but need to sell my 2009 rage with 525 HP so I might be a little biased.

First question I would have: was the 496 rebuilt for supercharging. I have heard of a lot of 496 motors blowing up unless they have been rebuilt specifically with parts that can take the supercharger.

Check the boat for wood rot, a possibility with any older boat that isn't wood free like the newer Nordics.

Check the seat bases to see if they are loose or if the floor is soft around them or the locker area.

Check for any signs of mold, in a dry climate you don't have to worry about it, but in a more humid climate it can be an issue.

Get the hour print out if possible so you can see the RPM range times the boat has been run.

The rage can handle some pretty good chop, trim tabs help a ton, but I am not sure about the gulf you might need to get into a 28 foot boat.

Top speed on my boat with the Merc racing 525hp motor when tested by powerboat magazine was 82 mph when the boat was new. I boat at a higher elevation so I don't see that top end speed.

I hope the information helps.