Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Nordic Heat Whipple clearance to back seat? >

Nordic Heat Whipple clearance to back seat?

Nordic Heat Whipple clearance to back seat?

Old 10-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

Default Nordic Heat Whipple clearance to back seat?

I'm researching adding a whipple to my 2004 Heat with a 496HO. (I will be doing forged internals at the same time). I'm getting conflicting answers on the rear seat clearance. I found several pics of the 25' Rage install and it needs a fair amount of seat and hatch modification. I found only 1 example of a heat install (performed May 2018 I think) and I have attached those pictures. Does this representation look right? It appears there has been no modification to the hatch, only holes cut into the seat back. I think this example is a mid 2000s vintage like mine. Any help on this would be appreciated! Thanks

Old 10-17-2019, 09:59 AM
Registered

I know this boat pretty well. The seat was moved forward 1.5" for clearance. There is also a 1.5" spacer behind the purple strip on the engine hatch.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Registered

Now that you mentioned the purple pad I see what you mean. This helps me greatly thanks so much! This looks like a great solution that should be easy to do.
SInce you know this boat well you'll find ironic this attached picture I took of my heat in havasu last week
Old 10-17-2019, 02:46 PM
Registered

Ironic for sure. Keep us updated if you decide to go with the Whipple!
Old 11-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Registered

I did go with the Whipple. My engine is at the machine shop now getting forged internals. I'll post pictures when it goes back together.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Registered

Good deal. Did they tell you what they think on HP and torque numbers?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Registered

I wish I knew. I've been looking all over the internet trying to find actual dyno results from a stock 496HO with the whipple kit installed as-is and stock exhaust. I can't find that. It would be great to know as a baseline.

Mine is a mild build, forged internals, Raylar 211 supercharger cam, Raylar roller rockers, 7PSI boost, stock exhaust. I have no idea what a ballpark HP estimate for that combo is. Iv'e read some people are saying 650-660HP is common for a 496 Whipple but I don't know what the setup was to get there.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MirageIntruder View Post
I wish I knew. I've been looking all over the internet trying to find actual dyno results from a stock 496HO with the whipple kit installed as-is and stock exhaust. I can't find that. It would be great to know as a baseline.

Mine is a mild build, forged internals, Raylar 211 supercharger cam, Raylar roller rockers, 7PSI boost, stock exhaust. I have no idea what a ballpark HP estimate for that combo is. Iv'e read some people are saying 650-660HP is common for a 496 Whipple but I don't know what the setup was to get there.
https://www.performanceboats.com/out...#/topics/20876

Really close to what your planning.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:11 PM
Registered

Great read thank you for that! Yes very close to the same build as mine. Only differences are he had Dana exhaust and a 2.3L Whipple, while I have stock (aluminum) exhaust and a 3.3L Whipple. I bet it will be similar HP in the end. They had a best of 655HP and 722TQ.