Hudson Albany to NYC >

Hudson Albany to NYC

Notices

Hudson Albany to NYC

Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hudson Albany to NYC

I'm thinking of trying the trip shortly any suggestions? Is one day possible or too much? Where are good places to stop?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

Its about 150 miles or about 4-5 hours@ 40 mph one way . It could be done but that would be a really long Day. There's alot of places to stay but I would Highly reccomend overnghting it at liberty landing marina. It's on the jersey side of the river with awesome views of the city and a great resturant.Maybe stop at gully's resturant for lunch on the way down ,its under the Newburgh Beacon bridge which is about halfway. It's an great trip.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive done that trip atleast 15 times. give ma a call and Ill try and help you out in any way i can

Bob
518 361-6521
Old 06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default Kingston to Newburgh

Gully's has a great crowd tues nights and weekends with regaie bands. The docks need cleats which is annoying. Also don't park your boat near the entrance. I've woke up to find someone flick there lit cigerate on my boat lucky I was able to compound it out. Unprotected from waves for light sleepers. All in all it's a fun place. In the same area (just north of gullys but still south of the newburg/beacon bridge) is torchs restaurant they didn't charge guest to use their docks last year (the docks are top of the line) The restaurant is upscale with range of prices from average to more. In between these two is the front street night club with the newburg water front marina charging $20 for 4 hours 2 years ago. To the north is the roundout creak (Kingston, NY)with several restaurants some with their own docks. A good pit stop for a bathroom break would be the norie point state park. This is a good launch site for the area. Safe. the state police are coming and going (by car) quite often. Showers available. overnight $1 per ft. If you launch they lock the gates at 8pm. This keeps noise down and safety up. I hope this info helps you and others of oss.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by code blue
Gully's has a great crowd tues nights and weekends with regaie bands. The docks need cleats which is annoying. Also don't park your boat near the entrance. I've woke up to find someone flick there lit cigerate on my boat lucky I was able to compound it out. Unprotected from waves for light sleepers. All in all it's a fun place. In the same area (just north of gullys but still south of the newburg/beacon bridge) is torchs restaurant they didn't charge guest to use their docks last year (the docks are top of the line) The restaurant is upscale with range of prices from average to more. In between these two is the front street night club with the newburg water front marina charging $20 for 4 hours 2 years ago. To the north is the roundout creak (Kingston, NY)with several restaurants some with their own docks. A good pit stop for a bathroom break would be the norie point state park. This is a good launch site for the area. Safe. the state police are coming and going (by car) quite often. Showers available. overnight $1 per ft. If you launch they lock the gates at 8pm. This keeps noise down and safety up. I hope this info helps you and others of oss.
you hit everything pretty much on. i would just suggest if anyone wants to stop in newburgh you can dock at torches just on the outside now. they dont charge. you can then walk to about 6 different resturants.
most are pretty good. it is a very nice waterfront just dont go outside the waterfront.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
you hit everything pretty much on. i would just suggest if anyone wants to stop in newburgh you can dock at torches just on the outside now. they dont charge. you can then walk to about 6 different resturants.
most are pretty good. it is a very nice waterfront just dont go outside the waterfront.
Boats get real beat up docking out front make sure your tied off real good with lots of bumpers.Its a great place to stop other wise
Old 06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by live wire
Boats get real beat up docking out front make sure your tied off real good with lots of bumpers.Its a great place to stop other wise
i know they do. you have to tie up real well and throw lots of fenders out. last year i went up with six boats and they told us the marina was sold out and you could only dock on the outside.