MAINERS! Heard they are tryin to get a speed limit bill through >

MAINERS! Heard they are tryin to get a speed limit bill through

Notices

MAINERS! Heard they are tryin to get a speed limit bill through

Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down MAINERS! Heard they are tryin to get a speed limit bill through

Anybody have a handle on this I just heard its going to the floor on Thursday in Augusta. Anybody know the real skinny?
This is basically like the 45mph bill that NH enacted for Winni. This is being pushed by Rep Sykes. If it really is hittin the floor Thursday as many of us need to show in opposition.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the thread, we NEED to band together and fast. They are being very quiet about this and trying to sneak it through with a bunch of other bills. I will be in Augusta on Thursday.

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...s/HP041501.asp
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Thanks for the thread, we NEED to band together and fast. They are being very quiet about this and trying to sneak it through with a bunch of other bills. I will be in Augusta on Thursday.

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...s/HP041501.asp
See you there.

We need to pass this on to everybody we know that is a boater. Plenty of boats can go over 45 its not just an evil performance boat issue. This can have a serious impact on far more than just performance boaters. In this struggling economy it could help put those that support boaters in the unemploymnt line. Short notice but, if it gets a head of steam as we saw in the Winni mess its hard to stop.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Go Big or Go Home
Platinum Member

I can see the writing on the wall. pass a night time speed limit on limited bodies. then pull the old bait and switch and the next thing you know the ocean will have a 25 mph speed limit.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Any and all help to defeat this bill is greatly appreciated. The public hearing on this matter is March 12th, this Thursday, 1:00 pm at the State House in Augusta.

Thanks,

Kurt
Old 03-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Nice meeting you all and good to see all you guys up there. Seems like it'll get shot down. Hopefully, they won't do any kind of behind doors deal. But, its always good when the top enforcement officer who would have to deal with it is against it.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hydrophobic guy
Nice meeting you all and good to see all you guys up there. Seems like it'll get shot down. Hopefully, they won't do any kind of behind doors deal. But, its always good when the top enforcement officer who would have to deal with it is against it.
that was great he was a cool guy and it was worth driving up from m******* to be there.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any news on this? Did it get tossed?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From the grape vine:They voted on it and 7 of the nine voted against. The two that did vote for it are not even around the lake... I do not know what the vote means but some one said that since they got 2 votes for it that it now goes to some committy?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
From the grape vine:They voted on it and 7 of the nine voted against. The two that did vote for it are not even around the lake... I do not know what the vote means but some one said that since they got 2 votes for it that it now goes to some committy?
What a bunch of BS 2 votes out of nine!! And its still hanging around WTFO !! Have to keep on this one these weasels will stop at nothing.

Quick Reply: MAINERS! Heard they are tryin to get a speed limit bill through

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.