Its Official Speed Limit on Winnipesaukee Perm >

Its Official Speed Limit on Winnipesaukee Perm

Notices

Its Official Speed Limit on Winnipesaukee Perm

Old 06-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same here,
people just dont get involved except to ***** and moan afterwards.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The point that really gets me is that the Director of the NH Marine Patrol testified at the House Transportation Committee to the following...this is an excerpt from an article. I was at this Hearing and heard his words in person:

By GAIL OBER
[email protected]

Thursday, April 8, 2010
CONCORD — The Director of the Division of Safety Services told a legislative committee Wednesday that the proposed bill to make speed limits on Lake Winnipesaukee permanent probably wouldn't make a difference "one way or another."

Barrett said boats and cars are different. He said boating fatality statistics rarely involve collisions like motor vehicle statistics.

"All fatalities are included," Barrett said, "including the guy who falls over relieving himself and one who tips over in a kayak or a canoe."

He said the speed limits probably wouldn't help because the most important things about boating are "good seamanship" and "good manners."

--------------------

Regardless of the above, it was passed in the House, Senate and signed by the Gov
Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Before everyone panics and starts to plan and leave the lake, there are two things that should be noted.

1. The Marine Patrol has indicated they will enforce this law; however not sure how strict they will be since the head of the MP does not believe Speeding is a problem.

2. Not sure how Enforceable this law even is. Take a peek at an excerpt from the NH Marine Patrol Speed Study conducted in 2007 where they comment on the radars

Radar Use Sampling Results

What We Learned

The Division confirmed that radar units will work in the marine environment with limitations. Those limitations were primarily related to water conditions. The officers experienced difficulty any time there was wake or wake chop.

There were times when the surface of the water was so irregular because of high volume of boat traffic that it was extremely difficult to aim the radar unit.

The radar was generally effective with vessels traveling toward or away from the patrol boat; however, when the target vessel was approaching or leaving at an angle, the reading tended to be inaccurate and those numbers are not included in this sampling.

The officers found the Doppler radar units slightly better than the laser units for marine applications as a result of water conditions.

----

Lastly Speedometers are not required equipment on boats in NH, last I checked.....

I follow the words of Director Barrett.....the most important things about boating are "good seamanship" and "good manners."

Last edited by onlywinni; 06-29-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone should just accept it. This is no different then the situation we have with our president. You wanted change well your getting change all right!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Winnis gay
-Mike
I laughed my A$$ off when I read that.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NHbaja
I have an inside source that says there's a 70% chance it wont last two years
A guy sure can dream but I can almost guarantee to you that it is not going to change. The limit is going to stay on that lake and my guess is that it will now be used to start speed limits on other lakes. It is not likely that they will take the law under advisement again to repeal it. Sucks but.......
Old 06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
A guy sure can dream but I can almost guarantee to you that it is not going to change. The limit is going to stay on that lake and my guess is that it will now be used to start speed limits on other lakes. It is not likely that they will take the law under advisement again to repeal it. Sucks but.......

There are still a core group of people that have vowed to fight this law for the next year, decade etc, so I forsee a bill to repeal this law being proposed in the near future. There are members of the House and Senate that do not agree with the Limits.

The important thing to remember is this Fight is over for this year. The next legislative session is just around the corner though...!!!!!

My last word on this subject for now:

This law has Far Less to do with Safety and Far More to do with an Attempt to Eliminate Performance Boats from Winni-Im not going and I am fighting for however long it takes!!!

Happy Boating Everyone.

Last edited by onlywinni; 06-30-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Gold Member

Default start a protest movement..... stand up and be heard

Have all boaters blast their horns under the weirs beach bridge in protest of this new law, both ways all summer. Let the boaters on the lake be heard to vote these State Senators out of office who voted for this stupid law..........
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Id rather just run trimmed all the way in tabs burried down and run at max wake............. F you all
-Mike
Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered

this is why well organized clubs are needed. that way someone is watching these laws and people can assemble quickly to make a difference Before a law passes

my gun club had a similar issue and clubs frm miles away rallied to help win the fight. because once a precedent is set your screwed everywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.