Rochester, NY to Cobourg, Ontario >

Rochester, NY to Cobourg, Ontario

Notices

Rochester, NY to Cobourg, Ontario

Old 08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rochester, NY to Cobourg, Ontario

A few of us are going to cross Lake Ontario from Rochester and go to Cobourg Ontario Canada this Sun. Aug. 22nd, weather and waves permitting. They have a big ribfest up there then. Some went last year and had a great time. If you're interested in hooking up with us and going send me a pm or email at [email protected].
Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 PM
tsp
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of going the other way (I am in Toronto) one of these days. How long does it take you? What's there to do in Rochester?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've crossed over to Toronto twice. In calm seas (it was calm going over both times) it took a little over 2 hours at 40-45mph. However I got caught in 5-8 foot seas coming back both times and it was over 4 hours. You'd think once was a fluke but twice?! The forecast was calm both times but the winds turned out of the east, which whips down the length of the lake- very rare actually.
In Rochester? Nothing to do within walking distance of our harborfront, except a beach not a lot of transient slips. We do have a boaters beach area in a couple of spots and a protected bay where boaters raft off and even anchor at a sandhill. Nothing as exciting or attractive as Toronto unfortunately.