Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
CTguys buying a new boat for next year >

CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Notices

CTguys buying a new boat for next year

Old 11-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=JayFan;3244767]...... but odds are I'm in what I have for a few seasons more.

What we need is an "Escape plan"
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Dan

Is this boat in the consideration???? Either way I really like this boat alot.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36701-en.html
Nope. Nice 37 though for anyone looking.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Repainting the deck to match the new paint on the sides... thats it for me this year!!!!! Bought a hydoplane though!!! gonna go racing next summer......
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Nope. Nice 37 though for anyone looking.
I am guessing OLD danny boy and his father are BUY -n- NEW?

Dans got the inside line on this one!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered

It's going to be another good year
I am thinking we have to have a little get together soon as kind of end of the year thing. Maybe I will throw something together at my house
Sounds like a plan.

We have a nice offer from "the black bear" in New haven to have a CPBA event down there. a buddy of mine works there.

The aitkins have a place" the black duck" too but I am not sure if its open year round.

I think theres a black alliagtor, a black bird, a black cow, and some other places too.LOL

Seriously though no reason we should al stop acting like idiots just because its cold outside
Old 11-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

agree on a get together also thinking of a pantera 24 smallblock something like the old plumcrazy race boat in florida maybe
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
agree on a get together also thinking of a pantera 24 smallblock something like the old plumcrazy race boat in florida maybe
Go to the Sutphen section and see the 26 I posted up. Should be a clean and very sound boat for the money. Just have to up the power!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

I want to move up...If I continue making the same money I do now for another year +, I will hopefully make the leap into a 35 zr or something equivalent...

for winter projects: silelnt thunder is coming off, straight thru exhaust will be added, re-glassing anchor locker, new trim tab actuators, new shift cables, outdrive showers, new trailer bunk carpet, new trailer toolbox, new fenders, and respraying the trailer wheels.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You guys are killing me!

Ss930
Originally Posted by kreed
Scot is waaay due for a new boat. Come on Scot, lets make something happen!
Well see, well see. I need to get off my azz and throw the new power-head on my cat and sell it. Between the boat(s) and all the cars, truck, bike, trailers, etc, I really should sell some things before buying something else. With that said, I still have an eye on two boats right now. We'll see how or if everything pans out.

The hard part for me is not spending a lot on the next boat. I do know it will likely be a 32-36 cat or a 34-38 vee, and as we all know they are costly. Hanging around here it's real easy for me to rationalize spending 'only' $75k to $100k on a boat as a fairly sane thing to do since it's common place here for typical boats to be valued at this number or even well above that. While this might be true, I really dont make the kind of money to be throwing $100k+ at a boat. And unless you make crazy money, I'm not sure it's such a wise move anyway, especially in today's economy and with the stock market in it's present state. And I'm not big on financing anything. Leaving $100k in the market for another 5 years will likely yield much better financial results than buying a $100k resin bucket and watching it depreciate to $50k over the next five years, never mind the engine over hauls, maintenance, insurance, fuel dumped into the boat over the same time period. I dont have a silver plate being handed to me, nor will I at anytime in the future, so I do need to think about these things. With that said, I just love being on the water and the lifestyle so much that I almost can't imagine not doing it.

Like Jeff, I toggle between cars and boats over the years, plus I ride a lot too. For the same reason I hate selling as I go back to things after I take a little time off. The last couple of years I've spent more time racing and enjoying the car scene, but I'm getting more and more itchy to get back and deeper into the boating scene. I think the diversity in hobbies is good and healthy, but I just question my own sanity at times having six figures plus in toys/hobbies at any given time!

So like I said, we'll see.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Wow, well said Scot. Well, it is hard to afford bikes, cars, and boats all at once. Im with you there. Ive had all those hobbies in the past too and boating by far is the most expensive. And that sucks, cause IMO, its the most fun! Ive always had to sell the present hobbie to move on to the next one, only way I can afford it. At this point in my life, Harleys are selfish(I have kids) and a higher risk of an accident than in a boat. Street cars can be expensive too( had 3 low 10 sec. street cars) and the wife wouldnt enjoy it as much as I do. So for me, boating is the answer. You cant beat being on the water in the summer. Period. I say, you gather up all your toys, and have a grarage sale! With all your toys, you dont need a silver spoon to have a nice boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.