looking to borrow a stern lifting prop anyone >

looking to borrow a stern lifting prop anyone

Notices

looking to borrow a stern lifting prop anyone

Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to borrow a stern lifting prop anyone

we have been testing the saber 28, but have a porpoising issue. with the big motor/tranny/ box and konrad drive hanging off the back. it porpoises too much. and I needed to put k planes all the way down to stop it. but the hull was still a little high. I put a spacer in the drive and now left the tabs even with the boat and it still porpoises. we put a 180 pound guy up front no change. so this weekend coming ,I would like to try a p5 any pitch between 26 and 34, just to see if it lowers the bow to a normal setting. theres pics and video on saber 101 pages 8/9/10. more to come.I need to figure out if its drive height or balance before my next surgery next month. art
Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
we have been testing the saber 28, but have a porpoising issue. with the big motor/tranny/ box and konrad drive hanging off the back. it porpoises too much. and I needed to put k planes all the way down to stop it. but the hull was still a little high. I put a spacer in the drive and now left the tabs even with the boat and it still porpoises. we put a 180 pound guy up front no change. so this weekend coming ,I would like to try a p5 any pitch between 26 and 34, just to see if it lowers the bow to a normal setting. theres pics and video on saber 101 pages 8/9/10. more to come.I need to figure out if its drive height or balance before my next surgery next month. art
Talk to brett at bblades. I am sure he will get you dialed in.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Talk to brett at bblades. I am sure he will get you dialed in.
thanks Bretts a great guy and master propsmen. I didn't want to bother him until I knew if its a bow lifting or stern that I need. so I hope one of the local guys I know on here might have one.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Artie, I will have to check but I have a few cleavers floating around, not sure of the pitch but they will lift the transom like you put an air jack under the boat. Call me tomorrow. Jeb

P.S. yes they are Merc spline. Jeb
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Artie, join the CPBA if you haven't already then go sign up for winter storage at Ocean Performance. Once you've done that go down and talk to Chris at OP, he's a great guy... He has a lot of props kicking around down there from 30 years in the business. He might not have exactly what you'll need, but he has enough down there to get you pointed in the right direction. Sign up for storage with him and I'm sure he'll bend over backwards to help you out with the prop testing.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Artie, join the CPBA if you haven't already then go sign up for winter storage at Ocean Performance. Once you've done that go down and talk to Chris at OP, he's a great guy... He has a lot of props kicking around down there from 30 years in the business. He might not have exactly what you'll need, but he has enough down there to get you pointed in the right direction. Sign up for storage with him and I'm sure he'll bend over backwards to help you out with the prop testing.
Ditto this Artie..... Chris at OP has 2 walls of props, AND a great deal on inside storage for CPBA members!