Help find a boat for Scot >

Help find a boat for Scot

Notices

Help find a boat for Scot

Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I dont know if I would own Rice Hauler due to the history.
whats the history on this boat?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

That Bravo boat is suposed to mint and all redone, Old School here on the board knows the boat very well
Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by moses0324
whats the history on this boat?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...recovered.html

There are tons of threads on here on this boat and it makes for some great reading
Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Pretty cool ride, is the cabin behind the rear seat?
Yes, the cabin is behind the rear seat, a great design, you can sit up in the cabin with plenty of head room and you don't need to crawl on your hands and knees to get into it. You can also comfortably walk between the front seats and sit down, you don't need to crawl over the controls and seats like a lot of other cats.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/9334

My 37 Talon

Will go over 120 mph, is under 120k, has a cabin and is in the northeast.
I like this boat. Scot? What you think? Any feed back on BMAX P/R drives compared to IMCO and XR's?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The BMax uppers are indestructable, the gears are as big as a #6, the lowers are basically an XR. Mine have the upgraded propshafts and have been great.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are so helpful!

If Scott Shogren wants to sell me that 42 GTX at $120k, I'll be more than happy to buy it!

Scott?

A couple of the cigs look interesting and have been on the market a little while now, but they still have the dreaded bravos though. The 377 looks really nice as well, but I've never been a fan of cats with center pods, although they're great lake boats.

I appreciate the help guys, but I honestly need to define exactly what it is that I really want. Do I want a cat or a vee, do I need a cabin, how big and roomy does the cockpit need to be, how large or small am I willing to go, do I really want to spend this much when I know it's such a poor investment, am I okay with a bravo based boat, turn key boat or a project and save some money, etc??? Last month I was set on a vee, two weeks ago I was ready to buy a 36 Spectre (turns out the 'motivated' seller didn't want to show it becasue it had snow on the cover), last week I was seriously looking at 40 Skaters. Six months ago I didn't want to spend more than $30k on my next boat, then it became $75k, then $100k, then $120k, then I started considering financing as well (which I'm drawing the line there and not doing, despite today's cheap money).

So I really need to decide what it is that I want, what I 'need', and what's practical and somewhat logical in both function and price given our short boating season and the fact that I'm on my next door neighbors boat all the time anyway... which is in a slip and so easy to jump on and enjoy for the afternoon at a moments notice.

The smart thing to do would be to sell my current boat and not buy another one! But nobody ever said I was smart!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SS930
You guys are so helpful!

If Scott Shogren wants to sell me that 42 GTX at $120k, I'll be more than happy to buy it!

Scott?

A couple of the cigs look interesting and have been on the market a little while now, but they still have the dreaded bravos though. The 377 looks really nice as well, but I've never been a fan of cats with center pods, although they're great lake boats.

I appreciate the help guys, but I honestly need to define exactly what it is that I really want. Do I want a cat or a vee, do I need a cabin, how big and roomy does the cockpit need to be, how large or small am I willing to go, do I really want to spend this much when I know it's such a poor investment, am I okay with a bravo based boat, turn key boat or a project and save some money, etc??? Last month I was set on a vee, two weeks ago I was ready to buy a 36 Spectre (turns out the 'motivated' seller didn't want to show it becasue it had snow on the cover), last week I was seriously looking at 40 Skaters. Six months ago I didn't want to spend more than $30k on my next boat, then it became $75k, then $100k, then $120k, then I started considering financing as well (which I'm drawing the line there and not doing, despite today's cheap money).

So I really need to decide what it is that I want, what I 'need', and what's practical and somewhat logical in both function and price given our short boating season and the fact that I'm on my next door neighbors boat all the time anyway... which is in a slip and so easy to jump on and enjoy for the afternoon at a moments notice.

The smart thing to do would be to sell my current boat and not buy another one! But nobody ever said I was smart!
Listen to someone with the disease I can't believe you are looking at boats while there is 2 feet of snow on the ground. $hit I will sell mine now thats how unmotivated I am. However once it hits the 80's I am full bore, so I am guessing this bug for you will only get worse. And because you unlike many boaters and are concerned about the investment side of the transaction my suggestion id buy something at a great deal and something that will have great resale. That being said my opinion is that a cat is tough to sell around here, there just does not seem to be a big population of them in CT therefore the market with them suffer.(no demand = no market) And as much as I know you are not a bravo fan I would buy a twin step Top Gun with ITS drive set up and 525's and that boat can be set up to run high 80's and has a better resale then any other boat that I can think of. By the way I think you $120k price on the 42GTX Outerlimits is not that far off. GET A BOAT DAM IT!!! Misery loves company.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kinda boat you into now. i know scott will take trades. That OL is bad azz
Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank,

I completely agree that the TS TG's are fantastic when it comes to resale. They're sharp boats with a classic name and look. I also agree that cats aren't all that popular around here, which is partly of why a TG doesn't interest me quite as much, everyone and their brother has a Cig (TG) or a Sutphen around here! Not that it's a bad thing, but even an OL almost seems like a white elephant around these parts, and they're right around the corner!

If Shogren wants to sell that OL at $120k I'll buy it, but honestly that's as far as I want to stretch the budget on my next boat... I'd prefer to stay well below that if I can find something that really interests me.

There's another boat that meets a lot of my desires that I've been looking into for a few months (Dan shut your pie-hole), so I want to check out a couple of those that are for sale and see what I think. It's kind of keeping with Kev's older party barge theme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.