Help a non-local find a boat surveyor in West Mass >

Help a non-local find a boat surveyor in West Mass

Notices

Help a non-local find a boat surveyor in West Mass

Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a non-local find a boat surveyor in West Mass

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for getting a boat survey done in Western Massachusetts, specifically the Granby area. I'm in Michigan and looking to pick up a boat that is in that area but just can't justify making the drive without knowing the real facts on it.

It is a 1998 Baja 272 Islander. The owner says it is a non-mag 454 with a Bravo III. This worries me a bit as that may be too underpowered to push that big of a boat but the B3 should at least help get it out of the hole. He also said the trailer brakes are not working and I'm just not sure how to get it home. Not sure if it is in any way safe to bring home with a diesel F-250. It could probably do it but if we have to pass through any foothills then it could get interesting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Anyone at all? Even if someone was local to the area and wouldn't mind stopping in to check it out, that would be a huge help.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KKoepp31
Anyone at all? Even if someone was local to the area and wouldn't mind stopping in to check it out, that would be a huge help.
Hey KKoepp,

I'm in Florida LOL , I was recommended to
this gentlemen (Marine Surveyor) in North Mass
by a board member here. His name is Jonathan
and the number is 1-718-631-6347.

Best of luck !

Crash-Box
Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered

Thanks. I will keep that in mind if talks progress behind the "just interested" phase. The owner has been slow in getting me the pictures I have asked for and while I don't think this is because he is hiding anything, I can't make plans to come check out this boat until I have a better description of the condition. I'd rather not pay a surveyor until I know that it isn't an obvious total piece of crap by a local. I would also be furious if the guy isn't totally honest about the condition of things like the wheel bearings or engine health and I drive all the way out there to find that out the hard way and to have to come all the way home without a boat.

If anyone is local, or isn't so local and wants a few bucks sent their way for gas and trouble, then I would greatly appreciate it.