2011 NPBA Old Saybrook RUn July 23rd >

2011 NPBA Old Saybrook RUn July 23rd

Notices

2011 NPBA Old Saybrook RUn July 23rd

Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
I will go to Block for the day and between fuel dock eating and drink all day it is close to the same cost. (friends on the boat always pick up tabs for food and docking which makes it easier) but it is an all day event. We usally leave around 10-10:30 and come back to Saybrook around 9:00. During that trip we have a great run then sometimes we sit out by Fishers and have a drink then we run in and grab lunch go over to Ballards and listen to music and watch all the retards then we head over to the National and sit out on the deck have another drink maybe something to eat then head back to the boat and then we usally will stop on the way home go for a swim then come back to the Back Porch for a burger and then head home.
Sign me up for the next Frank Run, that sounds like a great time! When is the next trip???

Actually, lets make it an overnight and do it near the end of August so the water is warmer and the night time temps are cooler... Seriously, lets do this! I've been meaning to start a thread in the CPBA section anyway...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
A Poker Run is a lot better then a cruise in my book I also think the $$ amounts are a little high but if you win once in a life time deal!I entered about 8-10 always great time&people
ehhh...i find it hard to beleive that a one day event in CT can be as good as spending time in the bahamas for 7 days in an all inclusive resort or cruise. just my 0.02.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
ehhh...i find it hard to beleive a one day event can be as good as spending time in the bahamas for 7 days all inclusive. just my 0.02.
Maybe he thought you meant a "cruise" in your boat Justin.....not a real cruise....like Royal Carribean etc. I agree with you!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

The fact of the matter here is thetes alot more cost than just an entrance fee!

Theres what appears to be a cheaper option and people arent seeing the value because its a run they can any day.

So Billy is in kind of a tough spot, he cant control the economy, the afded costs like fuel etc and the course is what it is at yhis point!

So all he could do is cut the cost of the entrance fee but hes in a tight spot with that as well because the insurance costs etc are high

I feel bad for Billy its a tough position to be in, hes trying to do something good for the area and good for his club

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 07-12-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
The fact of the matter here is thetes alot more cost than just an entrance fee!

Theres what appears to be a cheaper option and people arent seeing the value because its a run they can any day.

So Billy is in kind of a tough spot, he cant control the economy, the afded costs like fuel etc and the course is what it is at yhis point!

So all he could do is cut the cost of the entrance fee but hes in a tight spot with that as well because the insurance costs etc are high

I feel bad for Billy its a tough position to be in, hes trying to do something good for the area and good for his club
Agreed but the economy has forced many businesses to change or get left behind. And I agree on the cruise comment it has be far and away my favorite vaction. Scot I am heading to Punta Cana when I get back we will take Block by storm. You guys all have a $1,000 to spend now
Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Agreed but the economy has forced many businesses to change or get left behind. And I agree on the cruise comment it has be far and away my favorite vaction. Scot I am heading to Punta Cana when I get back we will take Block by storm. You guys all have a $1,000 to spend now
So if 5 boats go to block, thats 5K we have to spend??? Wow that gonna be a good day!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Agreed but the economy has forced many businesses to change or get left behind.
AGREE! I can fully understand that Billy has a lot of "overhead" for this run...... however if it's going to stay around I think he's going to have to make (financial)adjustments, AND/OR, make the run more appealing for MORE people. Food, entertainment, videos, dinner, etc etc.

Those days of this "open checkbook" crap I hear on "OSO" is gone......way way gone.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Another way to look at it is with the run being in your back yard, you save gas on towing to the run. From what I recall 400 is a lot less than it used to be! I remember runs being 6-800 for entry fees alone!
Then spending 4-500 on fuel to get there . My suggestion is to have some of you guys pool together and go on a buddies boat and split the costs. You'll save $ and have a lot more fun than sitting on the sidelines!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed but the economy has forced many businesses to change or get left behind.
Good point and I agree!

Scot I am heading to Punta Cana when I get back we will take Block by storm. You guys all have a $1,000 to spend now
Offseason and strange time to be going to DR! Regardless, enjoy the trip and let me know when you're back, I'm looking forward to that BI trip! Looking at taking the week of 7/25 off...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

I am definitely down for a BI trip. Always a crazy time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.