Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Northeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northeast-us-222/)
-   -   Here We Go Again III (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northeast-us/278508-here-we-go-again-iii.html)

4195 06-12-2012 01:26 PM

Here We Go Again III

2 Attachment(s)
Okay for those of you who have been on here for a couple of years know that the "Here We Go Again" threads have been some of the best posts on here. So I figured it has been slow around here so I thought a new thread was in order. So maybe an update from everyone...........

I am in finally I have a little prop testing to do and I am waiting for Richie Zul to come and dial everything in for me. From now on I am gonna buy new it is to stressfull and way to expensive to get the boat where I want it.

Thanks to Ocean for all that got done in a short time frame! Billy has been extremely helpful! Chuck as always did an amazing job rigging! But with out Ken Klietz(spelling?) the boat would not be together. Ken saved the day, with the head change the hatch arm and hyraulic ram would not fit between the headers. With the drive change to IMCO SCX's the hydraullic steering angle changed and Ken made some custom klevis for the rams.

YEAH BABY 06-12-2012 05:12 PM

Boom!

It's coming again! BOOM

4195 06-12-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by YEAH BABY (Post 3708037)
It's coming again! BOOM

Fran you in and running? Any numbers yet? It seems everyone is off to a slow start.

YEAH BABY 06-12-2012 09:31 PM

Bee hive my ass!

I was in for 20 min had leak fixxed it second run ran good for 30 min needed little adjustment. Then 3 run at the ramp at Rocky Hill spring broke sucked valve! Starting over without comp cams recommended BEE HIVE valve springs.2 weeks out.:lolhit:

kreed 06-13-2012 07:04 AM

I am also messin with gremlins. Have had it out a few times, but still test/tune with a few problems that Im working through.......

One day at a time. :whistle: :whistle:

Unlimited jd 06-13-2012 07:09 AM

I ran fine for 10 hours, then chased an ignition problem for 2 weeks. Pretty sure were good to go now. Also spaced drives 1" to try and reduce prop slip from 18%

kreed 06-13-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lil red (Post 3708420)
I ran fine for 10 hours, then chased an ignition problem for 2 weeks. Pretty sure were good to go now. Also spaced drives 1" to try and reduce prop slip from 18%

Whats wrong with 18% ?????? Hahaha......:lolhit:

TxHawk 06-13-2012 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3708417)
I am also messin with gremlins. Have had it out a few times, but still test/tune with a few problems that Im working through.......

One day at a time. :whistle: :whistle:

I am anxious to hear how that power does in a newer hull. I saw the video of the stbd., still sounds crispy.

Sick Stinger 06-13-2012 08:56 AM

No slow start here. Been out more this year then the past 3 years with my own boats. So pretty happy about it. Not runnning a cig but donzi will do for now til i can get a 42X or 42 legacy in 10 years.
-Mike

Unlimited jd 06-13-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3708423)
Whats wrong with 18% ?????? Hahaha......:lolhit:

Nothing if I had one of those fancy new twin step slip and slide hulls!