Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
hudson river fall fun run >

hudson river fall fun run

Notices

hudson river fall fun run

Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anthony; as a heads up. A northern crew is going To meet the group under the Poughkeepsie bridge. 3 boats
( ajrdonzi18, 89warlock, warlock sxt cat) 6 people. Please bring our bracelets to the restaurant. We'll have cash for lunch. Thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in not sure how many yet. between 2 to6
Old 10-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

I'm in..I don't know how many 1-4,bc my friends suck. lol
Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm in if it's not too late. I have 2 in my boat. I will meet you guys around the newburg-beacon bridge. What channel will every1 be on ??
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrdonzi18
Anthony; as a heads up. A northern crew is going To meet the group under the Poughkeepsie bridge. 3 boats
( ajrdonzi18, 89warlock, warlock sxt cat) 6 people. Please bring our bracelets to the restaurant. We'll have cash for lunch. Thanks

Not a problem just pick up wrist bands at the restaurant.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Scarab
I'm in if it's not too late. I have 2 in my boat. I will meet you guys around the newburg-beacon bridge. What channel will every1 be on ??
Not too late. Just a get together. Nothing official we are just getting lunch and doing a little boating while at it.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered

Please read the following rules and regs.

2013 Hudson River Fall Fun Run

Safety:
· Tethers: Drivers MUST wear tethers when boat is underway.
· Life Jackets: All people on boat to wear PFD’s when boat is underway.
· NO DRINKING: No alcohol is to be consumed by any participants during the Fun Run.

Hand Signals:
· Off Plane: Put your hands up when coming off plane.
· Debris: Watch the boat in front of you. Please be aware and point out debris to left or right.
· Thumbs Up: If you need to stop during the run and if you are okay: give a thumbs up to show you are
alright.

Navigation:
· Red & Green Channel markers: When departing and returning to the marina, please remain in between
the channel markers for your own safety.
· Indian Point Power Plant: Keep OUT of buoy area / stay away from the plant.
· Bannerman’s Island: This is up the river past the West Point Military Academy “s” turn, near Newburgh
area: keep to the left (shallow) area near turrets and in front of castle.
· Esopus Lighthouse: 1st Lighthouse in river: Keep to the right of the lighthouse on our way to Kingston, there
is a marshy area to the left side.
· Roundout Lighthouse (Kingston): This is at the entrance into Roundout Creek. PLEASE be sure to come
down OFF of PLANE in the creek. Remember, the Sheriff is in the creek and WILL be watching.

Dockage:
· Larger boats dock 1st: Others will then raft up.
· Fenders & ropes on left hand (port) side of boat: This will make for a smooth transition while docking /
rafting. Please be courteous and assist the boat rafting to you.
· Passengers on boats: Once rafted, please have all passengers go to land to allow room for others to raft up
and NOT sink the dock / fingers. PLEASE be courteous remove your shoes when crossing other boats.

Important Information:
Marina: Stony Point 845-786-3700
Sea Tow: Coldspring, NY 845-561-0008 or VHF Radio: Channel 9 / 16
Steelhouse Restaurant: lunch stop: 845-338-7847
Nordic95 / Anthony cell: 732-921-3355
Cathy’s cell (Nordic’s wife): 862-219-2944

We will be stopping at the bridge in Newburgh just up from Gully’s Restaurant to regroup and
again at the Mid-Hudson Bridge to be sure that everyone is okay. Please be patient for others.

For All Participants:
1. Attendance on time at the Driver’s Meeting is mandatory. Please give your undivided
attention to the specific details of the run.
2. Remember, a Fun Run is not a race. At no time during a fun run will racing occur
between / among the participants.
3. Ignition safety tethers MUST be in working condition and attached while the boat is in
motion.
4. Absolutely NO ALCOHOL is to be consumed by anyone on the boat during the run.
5. PFD’s are mandatory and to be worn by all participants.
6. Every boat must comply with USCG safety requirements and carry on board the
required USCG safety equipment.
7. At least one person on board (and preferably everyone) MUST wave their arms
overhead to signal to the other boats the intention of slowing down and / or coming
down off plane.
8. You MUST NOT “cut off” other boats. A running “path” should be chosen and adhered
to.
9. Maintain a safe clearance between other boats at all times when on plane
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shortfuse-25 Active Thunder- 4 people
Critical Condition-35 Fountain - 4 people
Maybe another boat, but the head count should be the same.
All in for lunch!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Also for those who have not joined us before on this get together a couple things you may need to know.

Its not a race. We normally cruise at about 50 mph with an occasional burst. We stop at the Newburgh Beacon Bridge and then again at the Mid Hudson Bridge I think it is just to allow slower moving boats to catch up and so we can re group.

Once we get to the restaurant we have limited docking available to us. So we will need to raft off each other. Please allow larger boats to tie up first then we can work our way down to smaller sized boats. As we enter round out creek river please get your boat ready for rafting by setting three bumper and ropes off PORT side ONLY.. This way everyone is facing back out the river for an easy departure after lunch. Once your boat is secure please have everyone exit the boat but the captain so he can help the next boat raft to his vessel and so on down the line till all boats are rafted up. PLEASE TELL YOUR CREW TO REMOVE ALL SHOES BEFORE STEPPING ONTO ANOTHER BOAT. BE CAREFUL AND RESPECTFUL OTHERS PROPERTY. The faster we all raft up the more time we will have to enjoy lunch and each other since time is limited. We may also be hosting a 50/50 so bring cash.

Thanks Nordic95
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What time???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.