Best boat for Raritan Bay (Keyport, NJ) to Portsmouth, NH...sub-$100k >

Best boat for Raritan Bay (Keyport, NJ) to Portsmouth, NH...sub-$100k

Like Tree0Likes

Best boat for Raritan Bay (Keyport, NJ) to Portsmouth, NH...sub-$100k

Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Registered

Default Best boat for Raritan Bay (Keyport, NJ) to Portsmouth, NH...sub-$100k

Greetings!

I've had a great time reading and searching your forums, so thank you for having a great community. I decided to quit lurking and jump in to ask advice. I'm currently deployed to the Middle East and upon returning home this summer I want to get into boating. Spent some time out with friends last year and fell in love. Long and short of it, what would good recommendations for used boats to buy with my family being split between NJ and NH? I want to take the boat between the 2 locations at least 3-4 times per summer. Something I can sleep on comfortably and keep in a wet slip all summer long. Trying to keep fuel costs around $1500/ trip. I had a friend suggest a 2008ish Cobalt 303... is this practical? What else is out there?

Thanks and all the best! I super appreciate any advice (if not to give me something further to read up on while I finish up out there)
- Tom
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Registered

My Boat: '01 Baja 252 Islander

Cobalt's are nice. I would look at Chaparral. Better performance and just as nice a ride. Formula would be my other choice for that style of boat.