Looking for Suggestions on new purchase >

Looking for Suggestions on new purchase

Notices

Looking for Suggestions on new purchase

Old 10-11-2020, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for Suggestions on new purchase

What’s up guys. New member here. I’m looking for some advise. Just sold my Checkmate 2400LD cause the wife was complaining about the rough ride. And I do agree, it was rough. Like headache after boating in the Chesapeake Bay rough. I feel the design of the Pulsare was good, but just not enough freeboard and weight to handle the “Real” 2-3’ ers and all the big boat wakes.

So I’m thinking of the following boats: keep in mind, perfect boat would be 28’, outboards, offshore hull, stand up bolsters.

28’ Pantera (hard to find)
28’ Active Thunder
29’ Fountain
28’ Powerplay

any other suggestions? Really want something at least 75-80mph range, preferably 80+. I love outboards, and I know most of the new boats are coming with them, but new $150k boat money isn’t a option for me right now. Trying to stay in the >$50k budget. Reason I’m staying in the 28’ range is to stay with single engine. Though twin outboards wouldn’t bother me at all. Just so much money can be spent replacing stuff in I/O and fuel consumption issues. Outboards are pretty bullet proof.

Last edited by Pulse74; 10-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.