Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Northern Illinois Offshore Club (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club-137/)
-   -   Just about there!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club/106889-just-about-there.html)

RUSSSR1 07-03-2005 09:44 AM

Just about there!!!!!!!!

After some long days and nights one motor is finally back in the boat. The second motor is going back in today. After having to replace everything that I thought I was going to reuse this thing is finally going to run. Hopefully it will be on the hose today. With any luck, maybe a water test tomorrow.

What is the Hammond group up to?? Would like to be around Friends for the first run :rolleyes:

10x 07-03-2005 01:29 PM

Re: Just about there!!!!!!!!

Hey Russ........... Stop typing, and keep wrenching. :cool: :evilb:

Payton 07-03-2005 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by 10x
Hey Russ........... Stop typing, and keep wrenching. :cool: :evilb:

Frank, you too!

10x 07-04-2005 12:22 PM

I'm takin the weekend off. :cool:

Doug 07-05-2005 12:53 AM

Thats great news Russ. Don't get in to big of a hurry. Can't wait to see you and Frank back up and running for the Poker Run. Doug

RUSSSR1 07-05-2005 07:59 AM

One tail pipe and the carbs left to go :rolleyes: Should be on the hose tonight. Better yet I'm not making any more deadlines or guestamations cuz sumthing else bad will happen that will delay the magic moment.

Doug it's not the poker run I need it by It's the Door County boating vacation that we leave on Thursday night :eek:

MarkSmith 07-05-2005 11:12 PM

Russ just called me and all I heard was some load motors. They are both running. He promised to take it easy and save the boat for the Chicago Poker Run.

Mark

MrCIG 07-05-2005 11:40 PM

Gee Russ talk about calling it close. Glad to hear it's running.
See ya soon

Mark

RUSSSR1 07-06-2005 11:03 AM

Both motors fired last night without issue sans one small drip from the port crossover :rolleyes: Idled great at just under 1000 with 65lbs oil. Still have some tweaking yet and a ton of cleaning but I guess that never ends anyway. I can't tell you how much better I feel after getting this project back together.

I need to give the most sincere thanks to Frank Holas (our own 10X) for being on the other end of the phone every time I needed him!!!! Frank you are the man, couldn't have done it without you.

RUSSSR1 07-06-2005 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=MrCIG]Gee Russ talk about calling it close. Glad to hear it's running.
See ya soon

Mark[/QUOT

Thanks Mark, how did that drive project work out for you?? Get a little more MPH??