Notices

Chicago air and water show

Old 08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicago air and water show

Originally Posted by 10x
They were 5-6's early till mid afternoon, we went out with a boat full of people around 5 ish, and they were down to about 4's +. Made for an uncomfortable bumppy ride. We met a bunch of girls at the dock party that were from the chain o lakes. They wanted to take some pics on our boat in the harbor. After the pic session, one of them asked me if she could start the engines. so I showed her what to do, and the engines lit right up. Then they all wanted to go for a ride, and told me that they've never been on lake michigan before and they wanted to go fast.
So, I was forced to take a half a dozen bikini clad girls out for a ride. They loved the coming out of the water part, but I kept the speeds down to around 75ish. They did'nt want to go back in, they wanted to keep running and airing the boat out. They said that ride was the best they ever had, and now they want to be part of the chicago offshore bunch.

Frank,

Thats was awfully nice for your to that those poor girls for a ride . BTW, G docks rules its a must see for any Chi town boater!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good seeing you guys out on Sat. I was amazed how the lake laid down for the run home!

Brad, this weekend must've been a good one for red Fountains...I saw an older 38 with an arch on it Sat at the show...thought it was you at first an then remembered you cut the arch off as well!

Keep up the good PR work Frankie!! Don't let Bob have any of them!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

OH yeah...Zanie that Excaliber is freakin gorgeous! Next time your in my neck of the woods, stop in at N dock and say hey. I'm right on the end and very red.
mike
Old 08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Frank, once again thanks so much for being there when I needed some help. You had all the right answers, and you made me feel comfortable in a situation when I wasn't sure what was wrong. Reset a couple of circuit breakers and hit the Hammond harbor just as the first rain drop came down. We got buttoned down and the wind came, I was sure glad I was in, had the two Grand babies with, Little Abby sure loves to go fast!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Leo, no problem, anytime. I'm surprized I heard my phone ring when you were calling. I know the feeling of having a problem with the boat out in the lake and being far from your launch ramp. I've had many friends help me out when I needed it, so I don't ever mind returning the favor to someone else whenever I can.

Dave Wesseldyk from Wesco racing engines was down at Diversy sunday morning to work on a few of the high performance boats. Man, that guys a workahaulic. Ain't nothin he can't fix. Got all 3 boats up and running. Dave told me that Diversy is one of the most rockin harbors he's ever been to. Now I think he can understand why I always keep our boat on G-dock on the weekends. Says he's never seen such a party dock. You don't even need to own a boat, just know someone on the dock, and your in.

Andy, you know me, I'll always give someone a ride that asks, especially if they're all females wearin bikinis. I only have one rule, I don't leave the dock without my wife. Could you imagine if I broke down out in the lake, and it took several hours to get back to the harbor??????? I'd have a tough time explaining that one. When I download the pics and resize them, I'll have to post a few of our passengers.

Brad, I wish you would've stopped in at Diversy. You know you're always welcome there. All you have to do is pull up to our dock, and someone will get you a space to dock the boat. We ALWAYS have room for the go-fast guys, all you have to do is showup. Next time your down, call me. Would've liked to see your new red rocket.

BZ, you're gonna need a written "permission" slip for me from your "other" half before I can let you help out. I don't want to get any of my friends in trouble, I'd feel terrible.
www.chicagopowerboat.com