Notices

Aircraft-carrier water...?

Old 10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aircraft-carrier water...?

It's only a lake

SOUTH HALF

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

.THIS AFTERNOON...WEST GALES TO 40 KNOTS. PERIODS OF SNOW. WAVES 14 TO 18 FEET.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Frank,

You seem to get the fun jobs!
Rick just called me this morning and told me to pump another drum of fuel into each tank. I guess we're gonna spend some time out there playing on sunday.

When we got to Sarasota last week, I pulled into a Sunoco station across the street from the boat launch, and topped off the tanks with 110 oct. One tank took 132 gals, the other took 135 @ $5.99 a gal. Twin 160 gal tanks. The run was 130 miles long with 4 card stops, and Rick was running between 90 and 105 the whole time.
When I was flushing the engines out on sunday afternoon, I noticed the fuel guages, and they were both at 1/4 tanks.
So, that boat burned 120 gals. of fuel per engine to run 130 miles at speeds of around 100 mph. That's alot of fuel !!! Those engines run about 5900 rpm @ 105, and then again the water was as flat out there, as it is in Diversy harbor.

Can't wait to get that boat out in some big water. I think Mike D' Ambrose is coming out for a ride with me. He's looking to buy that boat, as Rick is having a new one built for next summer.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Rick just called me this morning and told me to pump another drum of fuel into each tank. I guess we're gonna spend some time out there playing on sunday.

When we got to Sarasota last week, I pulled into a Sunoco station across the street from the boat launch, and topped off the tanks with 110 oct. One tank took 132 gals, the other took 135 @ $5.99 a gal. Twin 160 gal tanks. The run was 130 miles long with 4 card stops, and Rick was running between 90 and 105 the whole time.
When I was flushing the engines out on sunday afternoon, I noticed the fuel guages, and they were both at 1/4 tanks.
So, that boat burned 120 gals. of fuel per engine to run 130 miles at speeds of around 100 mph. That's alot of fuel !!! Those engines run about 5900 rpm @ 105, and then again the water was as flat out there, as it is in Diversy harbor.

Can't wait to get that boat out in some big water. I think Mike D' Ambrose is coming out for a ride with me. He's looking to buy that boat, as Rick is having a new one built for next summer.

Sounds like fun. $720 in fuel, I could run the check for a month on that fuel bill! So if Mike buys the Tiger, do you see a certain TG in the near future??
Old 10-13-2006, 11:22 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Sounds like fun. $720 in fuel, I could run the check for a month on that fuel bill! So if Mike buys the Tiger, do you see a certain TG in the near future??
Andy, the fuel bill at Sunoco was $1599.00 / 267 gals. The pump shut off at $900. and I had to go inside again and have her start it up again.
Mike has a 47 Fountain now. The T/G is up at Wesco having a new pr. of 950's installed. Should be done next week. When it is, I might go up there to water test it, cause I have the props for it and need to bring them up anyway. I'll bet the T/G will see some solid mid 90's, if not a little more depending what props we put on. The props that go with the boat will only push it to about 90 ish. If I put one of my pr. on it, we'll see about another 6-8 mph. But those are'nt the props that the boat is being sold with.
As much as I like that boat, and will miss driving it when it sells, I can't see myself buying it, cause all the Fountain jackets and shirts I have won't look proper wearing them in a Cig.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Andy, the fuel bill at Sunoco was $1599.00 / 267 gals. The pump shut off at $900. and I had to go inside again and have her start it up again.
Mike has a 47 Fountain now. The T/G is up at Wesco having a new pr. of 950's installed. Should be done next week. When it is, I might go up there to water test it, cause I have the props for it and need to bring them up anyway. I'll bet the T/G will see some solid mid 90's, if not a little more depending what props we put on. The props that go with the boat will only push it to about 90 ish. If I put one of my pr. on it, we'll see about another 6-8 mph. But those are'nt the props that the boat is being sold with.
As much as I like that boat, and will miss driving it when it sells, I can't see myself buying it, cause all the Fountain jackets and shirts I have won't look proper wearing them in a Cig.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 10x

I can't see myself buying it, cause all the Fountain jackets and shirts I have won't look proper wearing them in a Cig.
I supose it would be a low blow to say you could use them to wax the boat and oil change rags.

Frank, I want to be like you when I grow up.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Payton
I supose it would be a low blow to say you could use them to wax the boat and oil change rags.

Frank, I want to be like you when I grow up.
No you don't, believe me, you don't.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 10x
No you don't, believe me, you don't.