Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Northern Illinois Offshore Club (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club-137/)
-   -   Gary air and water show this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club/163127-gary-air-water-show-weekend.html)

Payton 07-10-2007 05:55 PM

Gary air and water show this weekend

The Gary air and water show is this week Saturday and Sunday. Let's hope for good water.

sommerfliesby 07-10-2007 07:37 PM

We'll be at Boater's Beach...at least that's the plan, anyway! Where will you be launching, Mark? I'm planning on putting in at Portage at the Municipal launch and overnighting in that new marina by my inlaws.

Payton 07-11-2007 06:04 PM

Mike, we keep ours just up the ditch from there, at Doyne's. We are able to launch there as long as the wind isn't to strong out of the south, then the ramp at Doyne's gets to shallow. We should be out one or both days. We'll look for you.

Marina Shores is way cool. They have a party for potential buyers every Sat. I've only taken a sales tour twice, I think I quallify.:drink:

candyman35 07-11-2007 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 2194707)
Mike, we keep ours just up the ditch from there, at Doyne's. We are able to launch there as long as the wind isn't to strong out of the south, then the ramp at Doyne's gets to shallow. We should be out one or both days. We'll look for you.

Marina Shores is way cool. They have a party for potential buyers every Sat. I've only taken a sales tour twice, I think I quallify.:drink:

I could be a potential buyer!:drink:

Payton 07-12-2007 06:28 AM

Dan, "You can do it".
No more lawns to mow. Boat just a few steps from your back door. It would be almost as easy togo for a boat ride as it would be to take a cycle ride.

Magic Medicine 07-12-2007 09:05 PM

If the weather cooperates I will be down at boaters Sat-Mon.

candyman35 07-12-2007 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 2195184)
Dan, "You can do it".
No more lawns to mow. Boat just a few steps from your back door. It would be almost as easy togo for a boat ride as it would be to take a cycle ride.

Mow lawns!!!!:D That's funny! I prefer writing checks for that one. I think I would prefer being a potential buyer and go to the party's each week:eek: :drink:

Payton 07-13-2007 07:03 AM

Dan, It would cut to deep into my boating budget to pay someone to mow my yard. You've seen my yard.:eek:

Andy, It looks like we will be out on Sat. We'll see you out there.

sommerfliesby 07-13-2007 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 2196414)
Dan, It would cut to deep into my boating budget to pay someone to mow my yard. You've seen my yard.:eek:

Andy, It looks like we will be out on Sat. We'll see you out there.

Mark-
Check that Marine Forecast! Looking like 3-5s with possible afternoon thunderstorms....20-30 knot winds! So much for the forecast I posted earlier, eh? Sunday is looking better...look for us to be out there either launching at Portage Municipal or East Chicago and running for the beach.
mike

Magic Medicine 07-13-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2196471)
Mark-
Check that Marine Forecast! Looking like 3-5s with possible afternoon thunderstorms....20-30 knot winds! So much for the forecast I posted earlier, eh? Sunday is looking better...look for us to be out there either launching at Portage Municipal or East Chicago and running for the beach.
mike

Just checked the forcast. What a joke. Sunday looks to be pretty good.