Cost of owning a 38' cigarette on lake michigan >

Cost of owning a 38' cigarette on lake michigan

Notices

Cost of owning a 38' cigarette on lake michigan

Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, haven't scared me away yet.

There is some great info in here, I really appreciate it!!

Its a tough call.. I can buy the boat outright.. But I'm not sure if the fun factor is worth $20K/yr to me ya know??

I need to really think about it.. In my case, its likely that the boat would sit in the racks for most of the year and be used just a few times.. but i can see myself using it a few times, and then using it more and more while other things are sacraficed, lol

Either way, I really appreciate all of the replies, info, prices and such.. Really helps me.

Thank you!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

One thing for sure Magnus...it IS addicting! I've had lots of "other" stuff fall by the wayside!

And you've definately come to the right place for info...people here will tell you what you ought to know, not just what they want you to hear.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magnus_Dx
Hey guys, haven't scared me away yet.

There is some great info in here, I really appreciate it!!

Its a tough call.. I can buy the boat outright.. But I'm not sure if the fun factor is worth $20K/yr to me ya know??

I need to really think about it.. In my case, its likely that the boat would sit in the racks for most of the year and be used just a few times.. but i can see myself using it a few times, and then using it more and more while other things are sacraficed, lol

Either way, I really appreciate all of the replies, info, prices and such.. Really helps me.

Thank you!

Boating is not a hobby it is a lifestyle. Nothing will melt the stress away faster than sitting at the beach on a 90 degree day with a cold one BSing with friends and knowing when you are ready for a adrenline rush all you need to do is drop the hammer. My boat is named Magic Medicine. Boating is a Magic kind of Medcine that know doctor can subscribe. Thanks for the name Buffet!

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 10-04-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered

Hey Frank, tell him how much it'll cost him to fix a drive if he tries boating "on the rocks".
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sommers called it right !! At our house, once it's memorial day, the boat is #1 priority. There's no weekend weddings, graduations, birthday parties, BBQ's, none of that kinda chit. Weekend parties are for people that don't have boats. Unless it's raining and we don't go to the lake, then we'll show up.
All my relatives and friends know better than to invite us over on a weekend in the summer, cause they'll know what I'll say. When you're paying big money to have a boat, and you only have about a dozen or so good weekends to use it, I'm not gonna spend my weekend sitting in someones backyard watching their grass grow next to a BBQ grill.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey,,, Its only money !!!!!!!