Want 1000+ dollers for that open seat

Notices

Want 1000+ dollers for that open seat

Old 02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what they say when it sounds too good to be true.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with the best intentions bad things happen. I addition to what the others have mentioned a well worded signed waiver holding anybody and everybody harmless is in order.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

You need to read the thread on the Smoke On The Water law suit. There is NO such thing as a well worded signed waiver.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug
You need to read the thread on the Smoke On The Water law suit. There is NO such thing as a well worded signed waiver.
It is a shame things are what they are.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you a student?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Banned

SIGNED WAIVERS dont mean DIK , its a real shame but thats our phucked up society ...

on the brite side Koolade it'l pay for your paint job at Capt nabbrs
Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pick it up tomorrow morning!!! I'll have some pics tomorrow afternoon
Old 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
I pick it up tomorrow morning!!! I'll have some pics tomorrow afternoon
Are you sure ??? talked to Tom on Xmas day and he mentioned a few more weeks .... but gee whiz , know the feeling on the waiting game . next time in need theres a shop in RI EGO badd azz paint jobs he'll do a 40 skater for 10K + paint and in and out in 30 days complete , and his jobs are smokin and off the hook .check out the paint on gerrys KNOTRIGHT skater .
good luck and see ya on the pond
Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. A litle story here:

Back in the mid 80's, I was with a buddie of mine in his Formula 302. We picked up this hot lookin chick that was walking through the harbor drooling at some of the performance boats. She came onboard the boat at the dock, and my buddie offered her some cocktails, (winecoolers). A little bit later, a bunch of us went out for a ride. We put the "new" girl in the port bolster, and showed her how to hold on when at speed. She was having a good time while we were jumping waves. She had her feet on the dropdown footrest that was above the floor on the portside, while she was sitting in the bolster. Her feet slipped off the footrest and she fell forward, and hit the dash with her face. She broke her nose when she hit the dash. My buddie took her to the hospital right from the harbor, and then paid for ALL of her hospital bills, doctor bills, and the time she was off from work, which was 6 weeks. Bought her a real nice gold chain with some kind of diamond pendant on it for her pain and suffering. Couple weeks later, he gets a letter from her attorney that he's being sued for her injurys !!! In the end, his insurance co. ended up setteling with her for $75K. And that was back in the mid 80's !!! That was after a couple year long battle in court. Then his insurance premium went sky high, and he just bought a new 10 meter Fountain right before the settlement was through.

Talk about takin a phuckin?? Sometimes it just don't pay to be nice. Like I've said before, if it sounds too good to be true, look out.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. A litle story here:

Talk about takin a phuckin?? Sometimes it just don't pay to be nice. Like I've said before, if it sounds too good to be true, look out.
a phuckin?? without any LUBE good story , thats why i try not pulling in the beach everyone wants a ride and i have a hard time saying NO but princess is againt it . had 2 guys come up 2 us on the beach and wanted a ride so we took them out in the eliminator told bill jr to have the vid camera on was gonna make a pass at 5000 rpm to tape it ... before we made it to the video camera at 5000 105 mph we broke a crank and locked a motor and boat hooked hard left almost left the river and put it in the trees hammered the other throttle and got her to the middle of the river and she was violent as h*ll and tossed 1 passenger out, the other got beat up pretty badd and pizzed his pants , and pinky got bounced pretty good and was a lil bloody in the back seat ,she went up on her side and did'nt know if she wanted to roll over or back on the sponsons . thought a lawsuit was gonna be drafted monday morn but payed all there hosp bills, time off work ,a few weekends at the cabin,and kissed some azz that i did'nt like but could of been way worse .... true story but that 1000.00 ride sounds like a baited hook unless itsm just some idling around takin pics .

Quick Reply: Want 1000+ dollers for that open seat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.