Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th

Notices

Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th

Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th

http://www.oshkoshthunder.com/
The Oshkosh Poker Run is a poker run that rivals our very own Chicago Poker Run in quality, food, parties and an event that is well organized. Mark Lee really knows how to have fun and it shows with every event getting better and better. I actually prefer Lake Winnebago water over Lake Michigan. 35 miles across keeps the water interesting without getting stupid rough like the big pond can. Remember the 2006 Chicago run? The hotel rates are very low yet the hotel was great.

The best part is the DNR have not even showed up in two years. It appears they have backed off the noise issue big time. I still do not reccomend dry open exhaust at any event anywhere in the country as many people are discovering at Poker Runs. I am bring 8 people and two boats. It is the highlight of our summer boating with my family.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun but a big group of us will be in South Haven for Habor Fest.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
http://www.oshkoshthunder.com/
The Oshkosh Poker Run is a poker run that rivals our very own Chicago Poker Run in quality, food, parties and an event that is well organized. Mark Lee really knows how to have fun and it shows with every event getting better and better. I actually prefer Lake Winnebago water over Lake Michigan. 35 miles across keeps the water interesting without getting stupid rough like the big pond can. Remember the 2006 Chicago run? The hotel rates are very low yet the hotel was great.

The best part is the DNR have not even showed up in two years. It appears they have backed off the noise issue big time. I still do not reccomend dry open exhaust at any event anywhere in the country as many people are discovering at Poker Runs. I am bring 8 people and two boats. It is the highlight of our summer boating with my family.
Sounds llike the DNR is waiting for a big bust. Let guys slide for a year or two, then when everybody thinks it's all safe to make some noise,"nail everybody". Sorry, just don't trust those cheese headed water cops. They've showed their "true" colors in the past, and it's only a matter of time before they show them again. Never had to worry about any such nonsense like that on the big pond, and I've been in boats that are way louder than mine out there.

What I remember about the 06 poker run, is that there are many guys that have great photos of their boats, that were worth having blown up to poster size prints, and ended up on their walls in frames and put into their family rooms and shops.

Other than the water pig controll, sounds like it's a fun time from everyone that I've talked to that's been there.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

The worlds fastest V-hull Fountain will be there. The famous "Cat Killer" will make its first appearance in a few years at Oshkosh. Sorry Frank maybe some folks had nice photos, but most turned back to the harbor and the few that braved the water, some came back bloody, cuddys destroyed and hulls cracked. I personally do not enjoy that kind of water.

Besides my father will be there also telling me to go faster in the co-pilot seat. He is crazier than I am.
Attached Thumbnails Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th-imported_photos_00810.jpg  

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 05-11-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Hey Brad, I put in an early order for calm water. Last year was not that bad and most seemed to have a good time.

I did not know that there has not been tickets in 2 years. That is great news. Unfortunately I do run dry Big Tube Stellings through my hatches. I run quiet and wet throught the harbors with my homemade setup.

Mark Lee puts on a first class event. Inland waterways are nice when you don't want to go play on the big pond.

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that Scott could not make Oshkosh this year.????????
Old 05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Mike Lovergine owns the record holder Fountain.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Brad Zastrow;2554639]The worlds fastest V-hull Fountain will be there. The famous "Cat Killer" will make its first appearance in a few years at Oshkosh.

Brad, are you saying that Scott Shogrens 47 Fountain "Cat Killer" is gonna be there?? Maybe I'm wrong, but last I heard, he had other plans for that weekend.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Mike owns the world record holder 40' Fountain coming to the run. Isn't that cat killer? Or is Shogren's 45' the cat killer? Anyway both are wicked, wicked boats and both are here in Chicago....We like em fast up north.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 05-14-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Shogren has the Cat Killer, other Chicago guy bought the V-76 42' world record vee holder that Reggie did 171.883.

Cat Killer is all sho and no-go...Loveringe (?) has the faster ride
Old 05-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Cat Killer / Worlds Fastest V-Bottom - 2 Different Boats

Cat Killer will NOT be there, I just sold the boat but I am sure Mike Lovergine will have the cats tails between there legs., better trun up the boost Brad!!!! Hope all is well, be safe and have fun, we will see you next year.

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Attached Thumbnails Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th-shogren15.jpg  

Quick Reply: Oshkosh Poker Run June 13-14th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.