Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Anyone know who has the white Fountain 42' Poker Run Edition? >

Anyone know who has the white Fountain 42' Poker Run Edition?

Notices

Anyone know who has the white Fountain 42' Poker Run Edition?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is so attractive about the Chain 'O' Lakes/Fox River that these two bodies of water have so many offshore (38' & up) canopy style boats running them? Is it convenience? Is it that the boat has more exposure to other boaters and people vs. Lake Michigan?

I guess if I owned a 350K + muscle boat I would not want to take the risk of colliding with another boater, striking a shallow spot with my 11K Herring props or whatever. I'd have that boat for one reason....to terrorize Lake Michigan not to be confined to already congested Chain and river.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Earthwerks

Are you guys talking about me again?

I only respect and respond to men that act like men. From what I have seen there are not many among you, with all your gossip, name calling, and unfounded accusations.
Ok, I was wrong. Yes we are talking about you, AGAIN.

Gloves off.

So, since there are no unfounded accusations here, since many people witnessed you driving haphazardly, are you going to stop driving like an a-hole ?? Sorry punkin I'm not being as polite about this as Brad and the others are, but I live here, on the Chain, and I'm not gonna stand by and let non-resident yahoo cowboy's ruin it up for me and everyone else that live and boat here, along with all of the other performance boaters that come here to enjoy boating on the Chain.

STOP DRIVING AGRESSIVELY AND SPEEDING ON THE RIVER, OK ?!! IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH UNDERSTANDING THIS ?!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKoz96
See what I do not understand is.. Well If you live on the lake/river are you not there to enjoy to boaters having a good time and watching the good looking ladies, etc..
I do understand that the river does get crazy. BUT I dont really think people(that live on the river) understand. Its not us "Go Fast" boaters that create the big wakes and make the river have a big chop. When you have the cruisers going down at 25-35 mph thats what make these huge wakes.
Also, I was out this past weekend with the new Donzi and Ran the river around 11 am at no more than 50mph and all I was doing was dodging all the people fishing in the middle of the river and the stupid people towing their kids on tubs.
In my eyes if you boat on the Chain you should know safe places to play as in sking boarding tubing etc...

Have a safe summer.
Chris,

All that and more has been brought up and discussed at the council meetings. Most of the residents on the river have been there quite some time, are older and dont care for the loud fast boats anymore. Its the loudness and speed that catches their attention as they go by, not the bigger but quiet cruisers.

The main guy spear-heading a possible clamp down with speed and noise limits is an old non-boating fogey.

PS - heard about what happened with the Formula, traded it for the Donzi it looks like. Nice, congrats !
Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

It's exactly threads like this that will keep me from boating on the chain. I appreciate the heads up that people are piloting their boats like knuckleheads up there.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
It's exactly threads like this that will keep me from boating on the chain. I appreciate the heads up that people are piloting their boats like knuckleheads up there.
Boating on the congested chain sharpens your awareness of the surroundings and driving skills in tight confines more than any other body of water you can boat on.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Hey Jamie Whats up man..
Yea Im happy with the move i took on the Donzi. Now we only have to tell Wayland to sell the Scarab and get something fast so he can keep up...

And please listen to Jamie why must one jerk ruin it for the rest of us... Chill out on the river..
Oh and John I agree with you also
Old 06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Your better off sticking with us !!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Originally Posted by sotapop20
What is so attractive about the Chain 'O' Lakes/Fox River that these two bodies of water have so many offshore (38' & up) canopy style boats running them? Is it convenience? Is it that the boat has more exposure to other boaters and people vs. Lake Michigan?

I guess if I owned a 350K + muscle boat I would not want to take the risk of colliding with another boater, striking a shallow spot with my 11K Herring props or whatever. I'd have that boat for one reason....to terrorize Lake Michigan not to be confined to already congested Chain and river.
Im with you,,,,,, I just dont get it,,,,,
Old 06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Your better off sticking with us !!!!!
are you sure?????
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

We turned Hippie Kid,,, we can turn him to !!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone know who has the white Fountain 42' Poker Run Edition?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.