Notices

Fastest 46 Cig on the Lake?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Dave has a pair of brand new Dart super tall deck blocks in his shop just in case anyone is looking for more cubes and power.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by candyman35
Sounds like there is a third 46'. Do tell!!!
There's a new 46 Cig that's going to Burnham harbor that's being rigged with trip 700's and IV's. Should be here this summer.

Mark, yes I did take a few pics, still hav'nt loaded em in the puder.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up You're all good and your v-6 rocks

Jamie,

You're all good and your v-6 rocks. Put a dockiminum (stoves, fridges, heads, shopwers, A/C, genset, etc)in a 46 "any brand" (I know you are referring top 47) and beat the hell out of it, it will fall apart, remember, I had your Cig here and I won't mention all the nickel and dime s--- that had to be fixed. Lets agree to disagree on the weight thing, I have scaled both.

I was actually returning your call. We did get the 275 on trade, sold it on ebay.

Hope all is well, see you soon and please register your Cig for the poker run, with those v-6's you have no excuses but now I know you are not telling the truth about your HP becasue of your speeds. (LOL)

Regards,

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Hello Scott,

A few clarifications, starting at the top :

1) Cigarette's also weigh more than what is published.

2) I was just kidding about the Cigarette / Cat Killer reference, lighten up ! I agree, Reggie has been and is very good for this sport.

3) 800's ? I have naturally aspirated 231 cu in V6's in it. Feel free to pace me all you like but you wont have any fun at 38 mph. Although, there are better props on it now that work much better than the ones that were on it when you sold it to me. I can get 42 mph out of it now !

4) Not sure where the "challenge" part came from in all this because thats not a word I used when mentioning to Rick that his boat was being spoke about on OSO. I merely told Rick that his and Mikes boat was being talked about in terms of which one being faster and that lots of people were wanting to find out. I then mentioned that you posted about wanting to get in on any so-called run. I never used the word challenge. So, there is no pot stirring on my end. If anything, you knew it would brew a little all by itself with you making your "I wanna run too" post.

5) Bring my boat to Lake Michigan and not the Chain ?? LOL Scott, my Cig has never even been on the Chain / I've never used it on the Chain and I ONLY boat on Lake Michigan with it. I like rough water and nothing breaks down in the cabin of my Cig when running in it. I launch out of Diversy.

Saw you called yesterday, prolly about this. I called you on Friday to ask about you ever getting that Donzi express cruiser on trade you mentioned a few months back but Greg told me the deal never materialized.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie, Bring that Gun to the Poker Run.

Last edited by Back4More; 06-26-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Its all good !

Originally Posted by shogren
1) Put a dockiminum (stoves, fridges, heads, shopwers, A/C, genset, etc)in a 46 "any brand" (I know you are referring top 47) and beat the hell out of it, it will fall apart,

2) remember, I had your Cig here and I won't mention all the nickel and dime s--- that had to be fixed.

3) I was actually returning your call. We did get the 275 on trade, sold it on ebay.
1) haha, there you go assuming again, I wasnt referrring to your, or any, 47 SC. But yes, I agree, rough water does take its toll on luxury conveinence items in any boat.

2) Lets clarify : That was before I bought it from you. Perhaps the previous owner didnt like fixing little things and let a few pile up before he traded it in to you. All I know is that it has been great for me.

3) lol, Greg must have a short memory then Keep me in mind.