Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago... >

If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...

Notices

If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Default If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...

I just found these guys right around the corner from my house....been trying to get to them for the past year but timing never worked out....glad i finnaly got there!!!

I wish i had before pics cause these pics just dont do justice to the work these guys did on these. They had pits and all kinds of problems..chrome peeling etc....
I knew i had the right place when i went to pick them up i was looking at their pics of past customers and see them shaking hands with Jay Leno!!! Talking with the owner (Mark) i come to find out they did all the chrome on some car that either won or took 2nd place at the Pebble Beach Car show last year! Anyway if anyone is looking for some high quality chroming give them a try:
The Finishing Touch
they are on Northwest Hwy just East or Harlem
800-403-4545

heres some pics of my Badges they did for me....like i said the pics dont do justice!
Attached Thumbnails If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...-badges-001.jpg   If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...-badges-002.jpg   If anyone is looking for a good Chromer in Chicago...-badges-003.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those the guys who used to Southwest Chrome? The Ill. EPA is so strick that most of the Chrome shops around here don't last very long . They set up , run til they get caught and than move and open under a different name . I looked Into trying to open a place but the laws are ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

No idea...from the looks of the place they have been there a while....and he is plumbing a whole new recirc system for some Cyanide tank he is building...so i dont think he would be leaving anytime soon...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's hard to find a chrome shop that does quality work. Usually by the time a buffer is really good, He does'nt have enough fingers left to hold the workpiece.....

Roger
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For future reference. When taking pictures of chrome pieces to post on the internet, make sure that you are wearing pants....
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Roger....ha ha good one i dont think the guys in the engineering dept here would like me taking pics without pants on! Maybe the girls upfront in the office would though

Kirk, well...they can be on the high side in my book but its all perspective depending on good a job you want done....i mean like i said they do HIGH END stuff for show cars like the one that went to Pebble Beach...he told me my little parts would have run about $500 if i just came in off the street....but in my case i fixed their nickle pump and got them going so he cut me a deal just perfect timing on my part i guess