Notices

Burns Ditch Is a Disaster

Old 09-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking out my office window over Monroe Harbor it looks like someone took a chit all the way out to the second break wall!! If you hadn"t heard they opened the locks and let the Chicago River flow into the lake. So many boats are gonna have a brown stain from sitting in that crap!!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OUTLAW24
Nothing like being kicked while you are down. What a bunch of F****** Scumbags .
Not much to get from those POS boats that are in the water in the ditch! Sorry I had too
Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY! I resemble that remark.

but seriously, that really sucks! Your boat get ripped loose, if it is lucky enough to drift out of the mile long chanel, it gets looted. Tragic things like this brings out the best in some people, and the worst in others.

Our water in the Kankakee river is still at an all time high.
as are the big drainage ditches. We have 2 farms that are being theatened, 700 acres total. So far we have had only 1 levy fail. That put 90 acres of Soybeans under 6 feet of water. The water then broke out the other end of the property and flooded 150 acres fo a neighbors farm. He had to vacate a house and empty an equiptment shed.

What really is amazing is all the volenteers we had to fill thousands of sand bags that all the farmers needed. A local Quiznos was droppeng off party trays of sandwiches to several crews of workers that simply never took a break.

What a storm! that was pretty wild.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I feel for ya Mark. Hang in there buddy.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
HEY! I resemble that remark.

but seriously, that really sucks! Your boat get ripped loose, if it is lucky enough to drift out of the mile long chanel, it gets looted. Tragic things like this brings out the best in some people, and the worst in others.

Our water in the Kankakee river is still at an all time high.
as are the big drainage ditches. We have 2 farms that are being theatened, 700 acres total. So far we have had only 1 levy fail. That put 90 acres of Soybeans under 6 feet of water. The water then broke out the other end of the property and flooded 150 acres fo a neighbors farm. He had to vacate a house and empty an equiptment shed.

What really is amazing is all the volenteers we had to fill thousands of sand bags that all the farmers needed. A local Quiznos was droppeng off party trays of sandwiches to several crews of workers that simply never took a break.

What a storm! that was pretty wild.
Sorry to hear about the levy. Hope the other ones hold for you. It's nice to hear about the volunteers coming out to help. There are good people still in this world. It's unfortunate that the bad ones are the ones we get to hear about.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by obnoxus
I know things can happen anywhere, but thats why I keep the boat at the shop inside !!!!
I keep the boat at the shop inside !!!!

G@@d place for it now BIG Daddy The river will be real Ugly for a few weeks,although you could pick up a good 10 mph right about now
Attached Thumbnails Burns Ditch Is a Disaster-senece-9-16-08-river-rising-072.jpg   Burns Ditch Is a Disaster-senece-9-16-08-river-rising-012.jpg   Burns Ditch Is a Disaster-senece-9-16-08-river-rising-068.jpg  

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Im ok there to,,,,, no way in he77 I would put my boat on the river !!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Bill, where were those pics taken from???
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Im ok there to,,,,, no way in he77 I would put my boat on the river !!!!!!!
Wimp Thats what Nabbers shop is for

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 09-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, where were those pics taken from???
Seneca BIG Daddy river went from 6.0 on friday to 24.9 yesterday at noon up 18+ ft , Springbrook had to move the boats out of the showroom they floated off the blocks ,sales office/parts store under water

Quick Reply: Burns Ditch Is a Disaster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.