Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Notices

Looking for storage in NW Indiana

Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage

Originally Posted by BLOWN85
Hi guys. Had a falling out with the people that store/maintain my boat. Was wondering if anyone here knows of any indoor storage that I can store my boat until spring (or for the season if the price is right)? Any info would be great. Boat is a 280 Velocity.
HAVE A PLACE IN KANKAKEE IL , SUMMER /WINTER, camaras all over and in storage. 22x40 . pm me.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Marc, we did pretty good last summer. Car ran some low 8's in Modified Super Stock, finished in the top 10. Ran all season without any engine trouble at all !!! That thanks goes solely to Dave Wesseldyk from Wesco Racing engines up in Jenison Mi for a very well built engine PERIOD. Dave picked up the engine after the season was over, took it back to the shop, disassembled it only to find that now we need a new set of rings to reassemble it again LMAO We are going to reuse the same bearing since they look and mic as they were origionally put in last spring.

You should give my brother a call about the new class he's starting up at the Grove. It's called MSSM (Midwest Super Stock Mafia) It has it own website already, and we've got close to 50 cars that are gonna be running the class this season. All super stock style, wheelstanding, backhalfed doorslammers. Cap at 8.50 with a top of 9.50, and any engine combo (blown, pro charged, turbo'd, nitrous, or N/A) will be allowed, along with ANY type of rear suspension. One exception, is that NO tube chassied type cars allowed. The rules are very simple, all cars must do smokey burnout past the starting line, and (2) ALL cars MUST do a minimum of a 1 ft. wheelie and carry it out. We've got cars coming from Grand Haven, and Detriot and all the way down from Tennessee. Drag Illistrated magazine is going to be one of the top sponsors of the class. The owner of the magazine (Wes Buck) has a blue corvette that he's going to run in the class, and therefore, he's having his photographers come to every race that we run this summer, and gonna do a article in each month's issue on what the class did along with photo's of everyone's cars. He's real excited about this new class. There will be several photgraphers and videographers at each race, I will be one of the video guys. We've got in car camera's that will be put in all the partcipants cars for additional footage for the year end DVD. Not sure what class you run, but you may want to talk to Dennis about this race schedule for this season. Looks like I may be doing a touch less boating this summer. The booked dates are on saturday nights at the Grove, with more bookings to follow at Cordova, Byron, Muncie, and another one that's way up in Wisc, can't remember the name of it, about a 3.5 hr tow from Chicago.
I'm gonna see if I know how to post a link of some of the racing from last season that Dennis put together. If I can't, then I'll have my brother chime in later tonight, as 10x, and he'll put up the info to the class, and some of the vids I shot from last summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cMEHkt2_0

This one here, we stepped up the jet to a .042 and blew the tires off with a 8.40 went back for a chassis change and ran out of time, but still qualified 11th in a 16 car field.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guMK2vNup1o

This was the final pass that night after some major changes. Car hooked, but he lifted cause he said that it felt like he was heading for the wall, clicked 2nd and got back into it and still ran a 8.54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgyasxZCoMA

Hey Marc, BTW, you find a place to store the boat yet ???

Frank

Been a few days since I was last on. Been out with the flu. I have seen alot around the boards for MSSM. Unfortunately, I can't run in that class with the cap at 8.50. I would have to detune the car too much to get to that number. It does sound like an awesome class though! I think a few of my buddies are going to run in it from my neck of the woods. Your brother Dennis is good people and I sure hope that it is a big success for you guys! Nothing on storage as of late. Hopefully I find something here fairly soon. It's possible that I may have storage for the summer at Doynes in Portage but won't know for sure until April. Thanks for the help!