Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Northern Illinois Offshore Club
Lake Michigan - 1st time boat owner... >

Lake Michigan - 1st time boat owner...

Notices

Lake Michigan - 1st time boat owner...

Old 04-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STICK WITH WHAT YOU WANT. Don't get unnerved about Lake Mich I'm out there most day's and I have a 271 Fromula and always have fun get togetter with some of your freinds or pick up with some of the guy's that have post about this and Run and have Fun .
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

You'll be fine...I live downtown as well and whats different than most the guys on this board is that they trailer and really don't have the option or should i say choose to boat during the week. If you're a hop, skip and jump from your star dock in one of the harbors your number of days to select from is 7 and not the weekends.

When mine runs i'm on it (or try to be) everyday after work...take a quick blast up north..come back to the playpen off lakeshore drive..have a beer..take swim..take nap and call it a day. Feel free to look me up this summer and see if i'm out already or heading out any day of the week. Having someone to get a hold of to cruise with or help should any problems arise is never a bad idea. PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED!!!! SO DONT BE EXPECTING THAT KIND OF HELP......a little personal joke that everyone in our Chicago boating circle seems to know and find very amusing!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing you out there and stop by if you ever see my boat....Silver w/blue stripe Top Gun
Old 04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

"PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED!!!! "

Truer words may never have been typed on this websi...nay...on the INTERNET.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
"PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED!!!! "

Truer words may never have been typed on this websi...nay...on the INTERNET.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Default But That Boy

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
You'll be fine...I live downtown as well and whats different than most the guys on this board is that they trailer and really don't have the option or should i say choose to boat during the week. If you're a hop, skip and jump from your star dock in one of the harbors your number of days to select from is 7 and not the weekends.

When mine runs i'm on it (or try to be) everyday after work...take a quick blast up north..come back to the playpen off lakeshore drive..have a beer..take swim..take nap and call it a day. Feel free to look me up this summer and see if i'm out already or heading out any day of the week. Having someone to get a hold of to cruise with or help should any problems arise is never a bad idea. PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED!!!! SO DONT BE EXPECTING THAT KIND OF HELP......a little personal joke that everyone in our Chicago boating circle seems to know and find very amusing!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing you out there and stop by if you ever see my boat....Silver w/blue stripe Top Gun
know's HOW TO write a check or two !!!!!!!

Last edited by tony manzella; 04-14-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: word out
Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
If you're a hop, skip and jump from your star dock in one of the harbors your number of days to select from is 7 and not the weekends.
Exactly.

If the 28 isnt THAT much more $$ than the 25, I recommend getting the 28 ( so there's room for more jewlery ! ) for reasons mentioned and also for having less concern with the ability to go comfortably farther like to Hammond or Boaters Beach when you want. Either way, living downtown, you will be able to use it and get out more than us guys do that trailer down.