Notices

Ideas for overnight trips

Old 02-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fight, Torch Lake is beautiful, but I believe it is land locked with no access from Lake MI. For a COPS events many of the boats will be traveling from Chicago by water.

I was wondering now that you have three little ones, are you going to be able to get out much this summer.
I see you are pretty new to the board, where do you do most of your boating. We are closer to Lake St Clair, but do not really know many boaters out there.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in LOTO last year for the shootout. We drank Shooters dry and then went down on the docks to check out the B&B (boats and boobs). Awesome time, but you're still just sitting around watching drunks.
---I thought that was in August.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Registered

I am all for Door County!!! If you have never boated there you are missing a Lake Michigan jewel. I have plenty of seat time on these waters and will confess I would rather boat nowhere else (on the pond that is).
Big numbers of transient slips are hard to find, however if we had a early decision on a trip I would be more than willing to set it up. It so happens I just received my advanced transient slip paperwork for the upcoming season from Alibi Harbor in Fish Creek.
Fish Creek is definitely the prime hot spot with awesome nightlife. Chambers Island is straight away from the harbor, Nicholay (sp) Bay is just to the north through Strawberry Straights. Both are incredible hook time spots with crystal clear water. A nice run could be organized as well with stops like Sister bay, Ellison bay, Gills rock, lunch at Washington Island. If you have never boated here you don't know what you are missing. Give some feed back, I would be all over setting this up!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered

White Lake and the village of Whitehall would be a nice place to do a long weekend. I think one of the marinas has floating docks. Walking distance to town and the taverns. Dyno might have some better information on the marinas there.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing to think about, but would take a little more planning.
A Friday evening run to New Buffallo
Slips have to be reserved in advance. Could stay on boat or Harbor Grand Hotel.

Then saturday run up to South Haven... or where ever up north. Sunday, make for home.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

White lake is cool but not much water these days. The municipal has ridged docks...no floaters in town that I know of...Pentwater might be better!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Registered

Anyone interested in talking about these options before
the Grand Rapids Dinner, say about 5:30 in the Hotel Bar.

There are sure a lot of good ideas.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
Anyone interested in talking about these options before
the Grand Rapids Dinner, say about 5:30 in the Hotel Bar.

There are sure a lot of good ideas.
Sounds great! We'll see you there.
Dan & Vicki
Old 03-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Fightclub

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
Fight, Torch Lake is beautiful, but I believe it is land locked with no access from Lake MI. For a COPS events many of the boats will be traveling from Chicago by water.

I was wondering now that you have three little ones, are you going to be able to get out much this summer.
I see you are pretty new to the board, where do you do most of your boating. We are closer to Lake St Clair, but do not really know many boaters out there.

In-laws have a house at Torch so we are their a lot year round. Kept the boat in a Friends warehouse in St. Clair last year. Not sure what I am going to do this year it has be at STS HP being redone by Sean Stinson most of the winter.

As for getting out my 8 and 10 year old would rather boat than do any thing else. We did a Cedar Point Run and a few other trips. This year the newest member wont be ready for water but we have two sets of grand parents that would pay the fuel bill on the boat if we let them have the baby for the weekend!

It's great to active grand parents!

Hope to see you at COPS GR... Let us know what you want to do for a trip this year we would be in. The only issue is our 29' is a bit smaller and slower than most. 40 Cruising 71 Top on GPS.

Brad