Notices

Smoke On the Water Run

Old 02-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke On the Water Run

I know its a little early, but I'm getting anxious. Anyone want to do a run over to Grand Haven on July 9? I plan on leaving Diversey Harbor around 3:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Are you planning on doing the run?
Old 02-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You might pick up a group of us out of Hammond...
heck, I'd go in a heartbeat with some good water.
-mike
Old 02-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Registered

Yes, I'm doing the run. I took three neo-boaters with last time. Two said they had the best time ever, the other one said it was one of his best times...of course he puked halfway back across the lake.

Sommer.......the water will be great! You guys from Hammond can pick me up on your way.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be a great run over, leave Friday late morning
and stop for lunch in St. Joe and head up from there.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was thinking about not running in it this year but now I'm starting to reconsider.

It was allot of fun except for breaking a drive, the fog and watching my boat and trailer roll across a parking lot with me holding onto the trailer jack trying to stop 10,000 #'s of boat and trailer. It finally stopped when the jack dug into the ground when it went off the black top. Total trip about 70'.

The only serious damage was to my underwear and they were a total loss.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to have to think about it some more.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Roger,

Enjoyed your previous post----that was funny ----even though I know it really wasn't at the time. Where did that boat/trailer episode happen at? Did your trailer tongue pop off the hitch of your truck???
Old 02-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Jack,
I was on OSO for two or three months before I knew what an avatar is. Hey, what's in an avatar? I like the logo and I'd give one of your testicles to have one.
I can pick up the video this weekend.
Call me, I'll come by.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark

It was in the sloped paved parking lot just before the launch area. Some friends of ours were getting married in Saugatuck on Friday and Peggy and I were witnesses for their marriage. It seemed like a good idea to go up early on Thursday and put the boat in.

Later that evening we went to a party with the happy couple and got a little loaded. I wanted to check on the boat before we went to the hotel. When we got there the river was unbelievably rough. I put extra lines on but the boat was smashing into the pilings very hard. I decided to put the boat on the trailer at 1:00 AM

That all went OK but to add insult, it started to rain just before I put the cover on the boat. Well, I was getting very upset with the whole situation Pulling the boat out in the middle of the night, getting rained on, tracking mud all over my clean boat and destroying my good cloths.

So I pulled the boat to the parking lot, took the chains off and disconnected the plug. Wouldn't you know it, the trailer woulden't disconnect from the ball. I got in the truck (very upset now because it was pouring) and released the tension on the ball by putting it in reverse. I felt it come off so I went to check it out.

When I got there the tongue was about a foot away from the ball then I noticed that the boat was moving So I grabbed the jack to try and stop it It didn't work. You should have seen Peggy running in her high heels as it was dragging me across the parking lot.

I just remembered this all happened at the Silver Cup Race in Grand Haven this year. Never mind.

I'll be there.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quiet Storm......... So whats the morrow of the story?

A. Don't go boating before your friends get married?

B. Don't be a witness for a wedding before you go boating?

C. Don't put the boat on the trailer at 1:00PM?

D. Don't cover the boat in a downpour?.... or?

E. Don't unhook the chains before you unhook the boat while uphill and being 3 sheets to the wind?

F. ALL of the above.

Where was Peggy running? This would of been a good one for Home funniest vidoes. Jack would of probably wanted a copy of it to put in the COPS video!!!!!!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: Smoke On the Water Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.