Nice Fuel Tanks
HUH ! I dont get it, did i miss somethin
Old 12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by copiercat
HUH ! I dont get it, did i miss somethin
I know someone who bought a 29 that had a "leaky fuel tank" - the repair shop pulled up the floor to find "there are no tanks" only a wood fuel tank sealed in fiberglass in the hull.. Well the tanks both leaked and soaked into the core, needless to say an expensive fix is becoming a very expensive problem.

He was told, that’s the way we do it... Wood and fiberglass Fuel tanks? Is that coast guard legal? Was that only done on the 29 or other O.E's ?

Needless to say a good deal just became a money pit. But when it’s done it will have a new floor, stringers, aluminum tanks and bulk heads - should be a runner..
Old 12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I know someone who bought a 29 that had a "leaky fuel tank" - the repair shop pulled up the floor to find "there are no tanks" only a wood fuel tank sealed in fiberglass in the hull.. Well the tanks both leaked and soaked into the core, needless to say an expensive fix is becoming a very expensive problem.

He was told, that’s the way we do it... Wood and fiberglass Fuel tanks? Is that coast guard legal? Was that only done on the 29 or other O.E's ?

Needless to say a good deal just became a money pit. But when it’s done it will have a new floor, stringers, aluminum tanks and bulk heads - should be a runner..
Never heard of wooden fule tanks. Thats a new one on me. Knowing the catastrophy that could happen, why the hell would someone do that!! Sorry to hear that bro! Good luck and post some pics when its done!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Never heard of wooden fule tanks. Thats a new one on me. Knowing the catastrophy that could happen, why the hell would someone do that!! Sorry to hear that bro! Good luck and post some pics when its done!
NOT MY BOAT... After seeing that and being told "thats the way we do it" I'll never buy an Ocean Express..

The just layed extra glass in each sponson and two bulk head, put a lid on it and rac a fuel line and pick up to the "tank" ... you would think they could be sued or something.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

mine has aluminum tanks, a mother to find the sending units to replace (no access covers)..trial and error now i needed to put 12 " covers in after that..
didnt Skaters use fiberglass tanks untill ethanol ate them ?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

I Can't Believe Ross Would Do Something This Stupid , Have You Checked With Him On This. It Sounds Unbelieveable
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

That is how Skater does it. Not that stupid of an idea.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

My 39 has twin 100 gal. cylindrical aluminum tanks between the motors and two 50 gal. pony tanks under the teak sole. So far no slivers in the filters...
Old 12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Gold Member

I guess OCEAN EXPRESS is the only company that has ever had fuel tank issues !. By the way i heard that balsa is also wood.

Quick Reply: 29 Ocean Express

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.