Chi-Town Hustler

Notices

Chi-Town Hustler

Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chi-Town Hustler

Mark,

I seen your pic in my Poker Runs America Magazine. I should say I assume that is your boat since you are named in the article...
Question: Your exhaust pipes that drop straight down out of the tips.. How do they work? Do you like them?

Question 2. What drives are you running on that boat?

Thanks for the advice
ps.

Sorry to hear about your loss? Hope all is getting better.

Mario Mareno
Old 01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a cut-out in the bottom of the muffler. Water is introduced in the down pipe. There is a big difference in sound level when the flap is closed. I would simply go with down turns and remove for poker runs.

Arneson 8-16
Attached Thumbnails Chi-Town Hustler-image00015-large-.jpg   Chi-Town Hustler-lo5l3855-large-.jpg   Chi-Town Hustler-9-16-07-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

Old 01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

Cool thanks.. They are starting to crack down here on the noise.. So it is something I need to do sooner then later.. Once I get mine in the water and shake out the bugs I will look into them

Last question... Do you have trimable drives? I can't tell from the pics

Right now mine are NOT but I talked to Rik at Arneson... Probably going to do that.. Just wanted to get your thoughts on that as well.

Thanks
Mario
Old 01-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Registered

Not trimmable. Just run the boat first and enjoy.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Not trimmable. Just run the boat first and enjoy.

I wish it was that easy... Pretty anal about the toys...

Thanks for the advice

Maybe we will see you at the 1000islands?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Mark did you use to owne a formula with twins, there is a boat up here in the seattle area with the name "chi town hustler" kinda a uinique name
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Mario, chi-town is dialed in Mark has his set up right
Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I'CE
Mario, chi-town is dialed in Mark has his set up right
I don't doubt that for a minute... Since this is new to me.. I talked to Rik at Arenson.. He feels that you would need them to be able to trim.. IF not. You will have to find a happy medium. He states, and it makes sense, you would want to put them in further to get out of the hole then trim them up to find the "sweet spot" to get best overall performance.. If you set them and leave them.... you will have them in far enough to get on plane and out enough to run a decent top end speed... You just lose that option to adjust for diferent water conditions...
That's all I am asking... Does he feel that he loses anything by NOT having them..

Make Sense???
Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
There is a cut-out in the bottom of the muffler. Water is introduced in the down pipe. There is a big difference in sound level when the flap is closed. I would simply go with down turns and remove for poker runs.

Arneson 8-16
You have the 8-1600's on yours... That is what I have.. How much Horsepower are you running? What is your cruise and top end ?
What props are you running?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get this boat together and dialed in!!

And they all said your the expert!!! LOL Thanks for your help.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmareno
I don't doubt that for a minute... Since this is new to me.. I talked to Rik at Arenson.. He feels that you would need them to be able to trim.. IF not. You will have to find a happy medium. He states, and it makes sense, you would want to put them in further to get out of the hole then trim them up to find the "sweet spot" to get best overall performance.. If you set them and leave them.... you will have them in far enough to get on plane and out enough to run a decent top end speed... You just lose that option to adjust for diferent water conditions...
That's all I am asking... Does he feel that he loses anything by NOT having them..
thats what they make tabs for , leave the drives alone
Make Sense???
use your tabs , leave the drives at optimum position

Quick Reply: Chi-Town Hustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.