Ocean Express spray rail width >

Ocean Express spray rail width

Notices

Ocean Express spray rail width

Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ocean Express spray rail width

I am making dollies to make it easier to work on my 39 OE in the shop. I am supporting the boat on the spray rails and when I measured the rails they measure 58 5/8" across at the transom and 56" in the front just before the sponsons curve up. Is this right or should they be the same width from front to back ?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good idea I would make them fit where you need them whatever size that is. Id like to see photo's when your done.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

I figured out the tunnel on the 39 OE's do taper in 1" every 10' from the stern forward so I busted my hump today and built these. I will have my grunt clean them up and paint them Monday then we will carpet the top and outside of the rails. Now to get it off the trailer and on to the dollies, I think its time for some Yardarms.
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Express spray rail width-39-ocean-express-006.jpg   Ocean Express spray rail width-39-ocean-express-007.jpg  
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Been hanging around Dave too much.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Registered

Nice work... shop looks great!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Those dolly's are nice looks like you built them tank tuff.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Well its finally in its winter work spot. I had to widen the block doorway between the buildings to get in the middle section but it was well worth the effort. Getting from the trailer on to the dollies was a day long event (did I say it was time for Yardarms). I had to raise it above the trailer to get it out because with the boat getting narrower at the bow the trailer would not fit through the tunnel....good thing I will be using a steep ramp. The boat still reqiures the hi-lo to move it but with 1 guy at the other end putting it where you want it is pretty easy you just need to do a lot of back and forth yelling.
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Express spray rail width-39-ocean-express-008.jpg   Ocean Express spray rail width-39-ocean-express-009.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Good job, what's the plan?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

Strip boat down, glass repair work everywhere, a lot of re-rigging, new interior, new cabin, rewire, upgrade dash, new carpet, rebuild trailer, reseal strip and powdercoat drives, check engines and dyno them, new engine hatches, properly mount gas tanks and cut out new holes to match replacement tanks already in boat, replace rear anchor locker door, replace stern a bow lights, tilt steering and modify front seating so I can get my fat ass in the helm without a shoe horn, modify cabin door openings for strength, remove windscreen strip and repaint, remove old engine mounting brackets in tunnel and glass holes, replace bad stringers in bilges.

I am sure as I get deeper into the project I will find more to do.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

WOW, Good luck that's alot of chores going on there. What city are you in ? I'm over on Cass Lake in Oakland county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.