Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Ocean Express (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ocean-express-74/)
-   -   Finally done (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/ocean-express/86173-finally-done.html)

The Menace 10-11-2004 09:36 AM

Re: Finally done

Both have unique rides. You have to experience them back to back to understand. The cat cruises at 70-80 without breaking a sweat.

The Cig wins the vote big time when docking. The cat has to pointed in the general directon and hope you have plenty of help on the boat and on the dock.

ROTAX454 10-17-2004 06:31 PM

Hello Dave, Been reading your thread on the boat project. I sure looks like a labor of love. I can appreciate the countless hours of planning and work. Not to mention the $ set out for such a project.

I am completely redoing an Awesome, much in the same fashion as you have done to this point. The project started in the fall of 03 and is still "a work in progress".

Send more pics on the interior and engine bay. Love to see all of that powder coated stuff. Did you use Exotic or someone else?

lucky strike 10-17-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Hello Dave, Been reading your thread on the boat project. I sure looks like a labor of love. I can appreciate the countless hours of planning and work. Not to mention the $ set out for such a project.

I am completely redoing an Awesome, much in the same fashion as you have done to this point. The project started in the fall of 03 and is still "a work in progress".

Send more pics on the interior and engine bay. Love to see all of that powder coated stuff. Did you use Exotic or someone else?

When you say your redoing an Awesome--- do you mean a 35 Cigarette

MarkSmith 10-17-2004 10:18 PM

Dennis owns Pure Adrenaline(Expresscat39) and Dave is Mr. Goodwrench. They are both good guys.

Mark

ROTAX454 10-19-2004 05:23 PM

Thanks Mark. Meant to write Dennis. Speaking of Dennis (expresscat39), we need more pics!!! Show off that beautiful work, not to mention the express amount of cash that you had to spend.

Hey Lucky Strike, don't you wish. Only if Cig made a cat. Hmmmmmm.

The Menace 10-19-2004 08:17 PM

I will have you some good interior and engine pics in a couple weeks. Still working on the cabin. :cool:

MarkSmith 10-20-2004 12:29 AM

I will post pics of my paint job as soon as I figure out which way to go. Basically a new boat too. 2 new motors, 2 new BAM1500, new cabin, new cockpit, new dash, new wheel and throttles....

Mark

The Menace 10-22-2004 05:26 AM

Last run in OHIO today!

Went to kellys for dinner last night.

Making a lunch run today.

Then pulling it!

TEAMBAJA 10-23-2004 10:56 AM

I did a drive by this week to check out the boat closer. The paint job looks killer up close. Love the colors! Now all I'll have to look at is fishing boats the rest of the year! :(

502 Magnum 10-24-2004 04:32 PM

Expresscat39, your boat looks great,the work and all, I`v allready
learnd alot from your project. I`m going to put Yanmar diesels with
2 speed tranis in mine OE 39 ,do you know where I can get a sett
of 1:1 gearing ratio for my Arnesons? I got the same ASD8 16`drop
as you,thanks.

502 Magnum