Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Good luck to our brothers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/111141-good-luck-our-brothers.html)

bad2bonecapt 08-28-2005 05:10 PM

Re: Good luck to our brothers

We're packed up and waiting and it looks like OB is going to get a some wind and rain but not the brunt. Thanks for the kind thoughts and you guys in MS and LA let us know if we can do anything for you.

Be smart and be safe.

-Sam Jackson
Safety/Medical Director
Gulf Coast Power Boat Association
OSS Angel 4

TGOR 08-28-2005 07:03 PM

We're already getting the feeder bands here (Ft Walton Beach area).

Godspeed to all those west of us.

Sean

BRUCE SEROFF 08-29-2005 06:47 PM

Any word?

is everyone ok?

TGOR 08-29-2005 06:55 PM

Okay here...just caught the edge of it. Still getting the feeder bands with heavy rain off and on and gusts to 40+ knots...supposed to calm down after midnight. No worse off than Dennis last month.

I hear US 98 between Ft Walton and Destin is out again...you OSS guys keep that in mind when trying to get to Destin in the next few weeks.

Sean

BRUCE SEROFF 08-30-2005 09:28 AM

has anyone heard from Matt Reed in Biloxi or Gary in OB???

Ben@SRP 08-30-2005 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
has anyone heard from Matt Reed in Biloxi or Gary in OB???

Bruce,
I spoke with Matt before the storm and he was planning to stay with a neighbor up the street from his house. I hope all is well with them all, but I know Matt did tell me that his house floods in normal rain, so I hope he was spared a direct hit.
Misty with OSS also lives in Biloxi and I have heard that she is ok... Thank God... I have heard nothing from the Orange Beach area.

I know that we all wish them all well.

Ben

BRUCE SEROFF 08-30-2005 10:25 AM

thanks bud...keep us posted , if you hear anything

bad2bonecapt 08-30-2005 11:14 AM

Orange Beach survived by the grace of God. Gary is still on the road on his honeymoon out west. Not much damage to Live Bait. We sustained moderate damage here, but nothing like Mobile or cities west got. I've spoken with Gary Hargroove who is the coroner of Harrison County (Biloxi), and friend of OSS Rescue team. He is safe but lost his house and did advise that Misty was safe and was with him. Some of the OSS rescue team Charile B., David DiP. and myself are getting ready to be in Biloxi to assist Gary H. with recovery and do whatever we can for them. Please keep Woody Bailey and Rusty David, the Biloxi race producers, in your prayers. Thanks for your thoughts for OB and continue to keep the western gulf coast in your prayers. Will keep everyone updated once we reach Biloxi this afternoon. Be smart and Be safe...

Jeremy Ruckhaber 08-30-2005 12:56 PM

I hope all is well ...Matt and Stacey you are in our thoughts and prayers...I tried to contact Matt via cell phone...no luck...circuts busy...I will update if I get through.

Jeremy

hollywood 08-30-2005 04:12 PM

Matt tried to call can't get trough ben have you talked to him lately