Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Im Out For A While (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/112521-im-out-while.html)

TYPHOON 09-16-2005 10:10 AM

Im Out For A While

I'm throwing in the towel for a while in the milling area. I'm sorry if my questions and concerns for the betterment of the sport has offended anyone. Maybe its because I dont hold back when I have a question. As an active racer with 90 plus races in 7 years I thought maybe I could help. The end result has been I have been misunderstood by some and accused of trying to do damage to organization's. It could be further from the truth. I LOVE OFFSHORE RACING period. In the past I have spoken on behalf for many other racers opinions because of the tuff questions they have had. I am just going back to racing and leaving all this to you folks. Best of luck to you all where ever you race!
MD over and out!!!!!!!! :(

JCPERF 09-16-2005 10:15 AM

Re: Im Out For A While

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I'm throwing in the towel for a while in the milling area. I'm sorry if my questions and concerns for the betterment of the sport has offended anyone. Maybe its because I dont hold back when I have a question. As an active racer with 90 plus races in 7 years I thought maybe I could help. The end result has been I have been misunderstood by some and accused of trying to do damage to organization's. It could be further from the truth. I LOVE OFFSHORE RACING period. In the past I have spoken on behalf for many other racers opinions because of the tuff questions they have had. I am just going back to racing and leaving all this to you folks. Best of luck to you all where ever you race!
MD over and out!!!!!!!! :(

Sorry you feel this way.Need someone like yourself on here to voice your opinion.

oui 09-16-2005 11:28 AM

If people can't accept Randy for what he represents and brings to this forum then that's their own problem.

Maybe we all should bag the forum and let the sport die a slow death.......

BRUCE SEROFF 09-16-2005 11:47 AM

Your resignation has been declined. :mad:

get back here :eek:

Wazzup Racing 09-16-2005 12:05 PM

I called Randy and asked him to simply stop . There was a time in February for everyone to voice their opinion on the rules for this season. All opinion's were heard and the rules were put in force. Now there is a decent purse involved, so Randy would like to drop down to a 10 mph slower class to take advantage. If his concerns were truly for the betterment of the racing that would be one thing. But his concerns were obviously to better his chance at the purse. Like I said before the boats will be placed in their appropriate class by tech not by the racers themselves. We saw what happened last year when the racers picked their own classes. Sorry I did not ask for this job, but while it is mine this is the deal. Smitty

gdfatha 09-16-2005 12:35 PM

MD..

As a fan of the greatest spectacle in motor sports and especially Offshore racing I ask you to reconsider your leaving this site.

We need your experience and wisdom..

Can I make you an offer you can't refuse?? :eek:

marc (Don Marco)

MANITIE 09-16-2005 04:01 PM

Smitty....don't stop what you are doing this year with OPA.
This has been the first year with very little bickering in P-Class. There are some new teams that have great attitudes and just want to race....and we all have noticed the racing has been closer in P-Class then other spec class racing...
Augie and Polo have had some great races this year and now Undicided is in the pack....You and Firewater are now having your fight..and P-5 well when you have a 24 Pantera going out and giving the 28's a run....its just been a great year for P-Class this year...deck to deck racing on all kinds of water...
There will be 10+ P-5'S in KW...and 6+ P-4'S....You guys are doing something right to get this type of turn out...keep with it...You guys had a great race and St Clait and then Pt Plesant...now I'm sure Cambridge will be another success...don't change what you all set out for in the beginning of the year....You guys have earned your respect for doing the right things....just keep it going.....
Good luck in Cambridge.....and see ya in Deerfield...

You have a lot on your plate this year....racing in 3 Organizations and 2 different boats...and running OPA.
Sometimes when your plate is that full and even if one pee falls off the plate....you can find yourself loosing it and throwing the whole dam plate against the wall....and then the only one that benifits from that is the dog....you might need to just go out for a joy ride in the Purple rider for a few hours....

Gino

SVL4 09-16-2005 04:18 PM

I think Randy's problem is he is too honest,he does not care to be politically correct.It is a shame that more racers including myself do not speak up ourselves instead we let Randy do the dirty work.On the subject of Randy's only motive to win the money,I challenge anybody who races and does not care if they win or not.In my opinion if you race is to win if not go poker running where you don't have to be the first boat to win the money.If you want people to race and not care about the money don't have a purse.Randy,in my opinion has prov-en his dedication to the sport over the last 6 years and I admire him for supporting racing in the NE as well as in the national level.I won't comment on the P class difficulties because I don't have any good suggestions.I think everybody that races to win is a champion in my book whether you run p5 or Super Cat.This board is about ideas for the improvement of the sport,P class needs to be improved so every boat has a legitimate chance at the Money and Checkered Flag.

Wil

Wazzup Racing 09-16-2005 04:47 PM

Willie my only suggestion here is, instead of going on a public forum. If you have a problem with class placement or some other rule, to dispute it on the board with a bunch of others, is always counter productive and usually harmful to the sport. Why not pick up the phone, one on one. I know when you have an issue in SVL there are private phone calls and votes. So why air our issues for the world to see? Are we less than you? That maybe our racers would rather discuss things in a private light? I personally am now racing in spec class, but my heart is in the P class. And will do whatever it takes to help it grow. Yes there is room for improvement. But the rules for this year were put in place by the racers. And we will enforce them. Smitty. PS Gino. Running the old boat in Cambridge and cant wait.

SVL4 09-16-2005 05:24 PM

Smitty,
I also believe that P-class is very important to the survival of our sport.I did not mean to imply that anybody is less than any group or individual,on the contrary,P-class racers spend more money in most cases than spec classes.I simply think that you(we)have to come up with a better mouse trap.It is a job that nobody wants and that everybody demands.I think there is always solutions to the problems when people talk,Randy was(is)one of those who support you(OPA),and maybe he is asking the same questions he has been asking for years and has not gotten a clear answer on them.I am sure you will work it out.

Wil