Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Fastest Supercat Light At Lotto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/139073-fastest-supercat-light-lotto.html)

JIMKID Motorsports 08-28-2006 08:25 PM

Fastest Supercat Light At Lotto

Cogragulations To The 388 Profesional Marine Team Setting A New Record At Lotto 119 Mph And Being The Fastest Supercat Light Boat There Give Em Hell In Vegas Also Thanks To Slug For Every Thing

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-28-2006 09:08 PM

Re: Fastest Supercat Light At Lotto

I guess they found a decent set of props!

Great job guys!!!

I'm sure you have made Doug proud with that run!

Popeyes 08-29-2006 06:26 AM

Bow , bow , bow :D it was a "Skater" thing. I think there was one of the "other" guys there and they had that vinyled on thier boat "fastest SCL in the WORLD! Oh well must have been in another time and place. :D It probably should be noted that the man who set up the boat and was on the sticks/trim was Alvin Heathman. Great job guys.

Ben@SRP 08-29-2006 06:54 AM

Amazing 119 mph!!! And from a slow roll and in only one mile!!! Nice!!! SKATER is dah chit!

Popeyes 08-29-2006 12:42 PM

We were at 7950 #lb with fuel. Thats about as light as we get with enough fuel to do 5 or 6 runs. What was Pro at? Alvin ? Slug? Raymond? anyone?

Ben@SRP 08-29-2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Popeyes
We were at 7950 #lb with fuel. Thats about as light as we get with enough fuel to do 5 or 6 runs. What was Pro at? Alvin ? Slug? Raymond? anyone?

Stan, What did you see for a top speed?

Ben

Popeyes 08-29-2006 04:15 PM

Ben it was 120 on my GPS but the radars were reading a lot of boats a couple short. We showed a 118 officially on their radar. Before we left La. .Dave and I saw 129.7 on a set of Hering 5 blade 36's and then we saw 129.9 on a pair of Hering 6 blade 35's on 1:34 lowers. We then switched to 1;24's on lowers and ran 138.2 with the 6 blade 35's. but we only had 16 gallons of fuel on board so we would not have been at legal wt. for a sanctioned record. . We are selling the boat, truck, extra motor/drive and all equipment to build a new Supercat. It was a great event. I wish we had a race there. Pro-Marine /Alvin/Slug ruled the SCL day.

Ben@SRP 08-30-2006 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Popeyes
Ben it was 120 on my GPS but the radars were reading a lot of boats a couple short. We showed a 118 officially on their radar. Before we left La. .Dave and I saw 129.7 on a set of Hering 5 blade 36's and then we saw 129.9 on a pair of Hering 6 blade 35's on 1:34 lowers. We then switched to 1;24's on lowers and ran 138.2 with the 6 blade 35's. but we only had 16 gallons of fuel on board so we would not have been at legal wt. for a sanctioned record. . We are selling the boat, truck, extra motor/drive and all equipment to build a new Supercat. It was a great event. I wish we had a race there. Pro-Marine /Alvin/Slug ruled the SCL day.

Stan,
WOW!!! Did you have some of that "extra spicy Popeyes" secret ingredients in that boat to get 138? Very fast!!! I am sure that several teams will be printing this thread simply to document your data... :eek:
I wish you the BEST of luck with the new SuperCat in 2007. I can only assume that it will be a SKATER!

Take care, Ben

fotopress 08-30-2006 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:cool:
very cool !

:flash

byrideroffshore 08-30-2006 12:51 PM

Stan in a SUPERCAT....Thats great ,you guys will be fun..Cant wait congratulations...see you soon stan...tony