Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Px 850 Class All The New Boats Cant Wait (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/146307-px-850-class-all-new-boats-cant-wait.html)

JIMKID Motorsports 12-01-2006 05:32 PM

Px 850 Class All The New Boats Cant Wait

I Just Heard We Will Have A New Class With A Bunch Of New Boats. Cant Wait To See Them Slug Is Coming Back With The Duck David Woods Is Bringing 2 New Boats And Speed Racer Is Going To Move Up Should Be Great.

racesdad 12-02-2006 04:52 AM

Re: Px 850 Class All The New Boats Cant Wait

no changes in scl please. we dont need that trouble. leave well enough alone

byrideroffshore 12-02-2006 10:31 AM

Ahh come on Mike its alot of FUN!!!!!

DPT MOTORSPORTS 12-02-2006 06:49 PM

Alright, can someone clarify what is going on here???? Is the 850 Merc motor going to be the new motor now for Supercat or is this another class being created????

I hope for the sake of the sport that a new class is not being created. Adding more classes is not the way to market or promote a sport. It will only fragment and splinter the organization. While it may seem like growth in numbers it may just be that but in essence it is making the overall product look not so presentable. Let's face it 2-5 in a class is ok racing but larger numbers in a class say 10-12 or more makes things real exciting and puts back the true racing heritage.

A thought I have had is to do away with Supercat and PX/Extreme(or what ever it is called now) and just have one premiere cat class for the organization. Have all teams that want to compete in the upper echelon class run SCL. The more boats the better the product to show to potential sponsors and fans. Also remember that most new spectators may not know what is going on from time to time and by having so many different classes can confuse some. It has confused me from time to time and I am someone who has been involved in the sport.

I am not trying to discredit anyone here as many of you know me from working with teams with in the organization. Just want to present a thought for some to think about.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Holiday Season.

DPT
:drink: :drink: :drink:

9 Lives 12-03-2006 02:25 AM

More classes of the same size boats. Sounds pretty silly to me.

My.02cents

yahoo 12-03-2006 06:18 AM

Leave the SCL alone, they are just now getting the numbers to make it interesting. The boats are fast enough now.

44MTI 12-03-2006 11:12 AM

My understanding is that yes they are starting a new class.There will be the supercat 750 and the new 850 class. Some of the people didn't want to switch over their current motor program. They are also saying that the SCL boats won't qualify for the new class because they aren't 40' and they have to have come out of the mold that length is the current arguement. :(

Ryan Beckley 12-03-2006 12:52 PM

There will be one class. One or the other, 750/850 , NOT BOTH.

yahoo 12-04-2006 06:26 AM

Thank god, I thought they were going to make the same mistake SBI has, too many classes

DPT MOTORSPORTS 12-04-2006 08:21 AM

Good to hear!!!!!!