Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   OSS What happened on the SCL start ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/154761-oss-what-happened-scl-start.html)

HotPursuit 03-30-2007 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking good

open87 03-30-2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2076360)
the seat at the titty bar, dont leave out AJ:p

well , the lounge chairs at RICK'S in the vip section are soooo big you sink in em'...

didn't know he was hanging in the general population crowd there:evilb: :D

we have that lifetime vip card :D

it has it's privilages:drink:

HotPursuit 03-30-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dockrocker (Post 2076381)
Now that I'm not on OSO all that much, there are times when I miss it. Then I see a "drama queen" thread like this and remember why I cut back in the first place...

Thats why they call it general boating discussion.I have seen much worst posted on here.Its just like family we come here for all information not just what we or I think is right.I always have a open mind on this site even if I totally disagree.If Richie would have flipped I wonder what thread you would be calling drama queen.
I asked a simple question was it a legal start!!!!!!!If so I'm going to enjoy racing. :evilb:

pbam22 03-30-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2076360)
the seat at the titty bar:evilb: :evilb: dont leave out AJ:p

I might not be racing :( please dont leave me out the titty bar:See you at the next poker run:drink:

HotPursuit 03-30-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by pbam22 (Post 2076421)
I might not be racing :( please dont leave me out the titty bar:See you at the next poker run:drink:

No way Skater Bro that wouldn't be American!!!!!!! :drink:

pbam22 03-30-2007 06:30 PM

THANK YOU!:drink: :drink: :drink:

Larry D 03-30-2007 11:11 PM

hot pursuit , the pic you posted where you say 25' ,looks to me like there is no problem please remember the def of a lane is a little more than a boat width so in cat lite 13' or so is a lane by definition , of course as you fall back the lane sort of goes away as the wake spreads but if you look down in a plan view and you have the lane between the lead boats it meets the rules ( thats why the have a chopper on the straight at the start they have the only vantage point from which to actually judge) , not that races are won on the start but if you get a bad start you really have your work cut out so its important to set up for the start getting to turn one is a very big deal,
P.S. feel free to ask questions or make obsevations I don't know why people get so twisted up over that, dealing with the rooster tails and getting hose down is all part of racing not for the faint of heart but one sort of gets used to it , its real crazy going into turn 1 if everyone is bunched up
Larry

louietherigger 03-30-2007 11:27 PM

I wasn't there but from the looks of the pictures, it was a wild start and some awesome racing. Like the man said when your starting off its a high adreneline moment and we have inadvertently cut off and have been cut off when the starts are tight. I don't know to many boat racers who come out of there boats swinging over it, we leave that for the car racers,lol. great racing guys!
Louie

HotPursuit 03-30-2007 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Larry D (Post 2076659)
hot pursuit , the pic you posted where you say 25' ,looks to me like there is no problem please remember the def of a lane is a little more than a boat width so in cat lite 13' or so is a lane by definition , of course as you fall back the lane sort of goes away as the wake spreads but if you look down in a plan view and you have the lane between the lead boats it meets the rules ( thats why the have a chopper on the straight at the start they have the only vantage point from which to actually judge) , not that races are won on the start but if you get a bad start you really have your work cut out so its important to set up for the start getting to turn one is a very big deal,
P.S. feel free to ask questions or make obsevations I don't know why people get so twisted up over that, dealing with the rooster tails and getting hose down is all part of racing not for the faint of heart but one sort of gets used to it , its real crazy going into turn 1 if everyone is bunched up
Larry

Thats a point well taking,I agree just asked a few questions not to get anyone person pissed.I think the pace boat had some blame for dropping the flag before a straight line across.
With canal markers right in the middle I do think some changes should be made next year.I loved the coarse what a great veiw from anypoint.

HotPursuit 03-30-2007 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2076673)
I wasn't there but from the looks of the pictures, it was a wild start and some awesome racing. Like the man said when your starting off its a high adreneline moment and we have inadvertently cut off and have been cut off when the starts are tight. I don't know to many boat racers who come out of there boats swinging over it, we leave that for the car racers,lol. great racing guys!
Louie

A few put on fights might do good for the ratings,:D worked for the car guys!!The only thing I was worried about was a hull in that start getting hosed and losing site of the piling canal markers.:eek: