Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Heat Racing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/205927-heat-racing.html)

Ron P 03-31-2009 11:56 AM

Heat Racing

How did everyone like the Heat Racing format?

From a racers perspective and a fan perspective.

ziggy 03-31-2009 12:42 PM

Much better. And the teams have a better oportunity to make up their mistakes in the second heat.

racesdad 03-31-2009 12:51 PM

We Love It ! Great Continuous Racing For The Fans Too!!!

throttleup 03-31-2009 12:59 PM

What is not to love about 6 hours of Offshore Racing!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

JBS Crew 03-31-2009 01:16 PM

There were far less people in the crowd for finish of second race. Maybe try having Unlimited Class run main event at full length after heat format for all other classes.
Great event! Had a great time.

JBS 03-31-2009 01:31 PM

JBS heat racing in Biloxi

Wow! What a race! We had so much fun in Biloxi.Im so proud of my team-everyone pitched in and pulled off an amazing win.The boat was a ballistic missle and even though my life expectancy while driving was low it was one of the funnest things Ive ever done and would continue to do it all day long if I could.I liked the heat racing until we almost couldnt restart one of the turbines.It was fun.The crowd looked bigger durring the first race though.

KANNONS 03-31-2009 01:51 PM

JBS took the words right out of my mouth. The balcony where I was cleared out after the first heat. I believe the novice racing fans thought the racing was done for the day.

I think the schedule needs to be a little more informative in regards of the times of the races, when the classes race and
a time frame of when the heats take place. I could be wrong but I think the schedlue doesn't even mention a second heat.
I think it just has generic phrases " racing 12:00 to 5:00. Clearly the second heat races went way past 5:00. Ball park them at best.

As a fan the heats make the races way more interesting.

Swede 03-31-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBS Crew (Post 2833168)
There were far less people in the crowd for finish of second race. Maybe try having Unlimited Class run main event at full length after heat format for all other classes.
Great event! Had a great time.

I was on beau rivage deck and I think the broadcast that was going over the sound systems there might have had something to do with that(I guess it was the talk offshore broadcast). It was hard to hear eactly, but they kept saying something about it being the last race long before it was all over. I think they may have been going off the air and saying it was the last race they were broadcasting but I think a lot of people thought it was all over with. If I didn't have the VHF radio with me I probably would have thought the same thing.

Ron P 03-31-2009 02:49 PM

We ran the first four races, then had to open the harbor for a half hour Coast Guard break, so I could see how people would think it was over, unless they could hear a broadcaster.

Yes, Talkoffshore when off the air at 5pm. It's on the web site now for full rebroadcast.

Ron P 03-31-2009 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice going JBS!!!