Notices

APBA Factory racers

Old 05-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4. Minimum Weight Measurement - will be determined at the end of the race. The weight will be an all-up weight including engines, residual fuel, drives, propellers, fixed ballast (i.e. that which is used from start through completion of race), all
hull drain plugs removed, and safety equipment as stated in the racing rules. The following is not included in the all-up weight: crew, lifejackets, crash helmets and bilge water. A single point lifting harness is mandatory for all boats. All Factory Class boats manufactured after January 1, 2000 may meet minimum weight requirements with the addition of fixed or removable ballast materials as long as the ballast does not exceed a 3% of the minimum class boat weight for each boat length and engine configuration.

the think this is pretty plain. it states if you have a knew boat built after jan 2000 then the boat must mett minimum weight without ballast. the most amount of movable ballast you can have must be no more then 3% of the boat. if you already had a boat and got hit with a weight penalty for using the bigger motors you have to permantly affix the weight to your boat. according to miklos you may make some of it up with gas.

Treadwell
Old 05-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Nothing like a fresh reminder why I love the P-Classes. No min weight , no scale , $ 200.00 entry fees, we race on Saturday ALWAYS - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. So we loose a little TV Time and run with fewer boats in our class - my ego can handle that - BH
Old 05-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P4 had 10 boats in Daytona, we only had 8 in F1
Old 05-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

(Dusting off the gatehouse laywer in me)

As written, it says:

ALL boats must meet minimum weight requirements
ALL boats can do so with fixed ballast
Boats manufactured after January 1, 2000 can do so with fixed OR removable ballast materials as long as the ballast does not exceed a 3% .

As written, one could get the impression that boats built prior to 2000 may not use removable ballast, kindof falls between the cracks ...
Old 05-06-2003, 08:26 PM
WATERBOY2

Seems like a tough issue and I sure hope that they get it figured out before its too late!Joker, the P-Class is cool with its "run what you brung format"....serves its purpose well.....but as you know the spec racing classes are where the most exciting and competitive racing is going on.It would be great to see F1 & F2 get back to the fleet sizes of a couple of seasons ago.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:44 PM
xtremeracingf1

I think it will take alittle time and thing will settle down and APBA will be APBA again.Then and only then will you see all the classes grow again. The F class has gotten way off its original concept.There is way to many variations right now,and I dont think anyone feels comfortable because you dont know when the other shoe is going to drop.It would be crazy to try and build a factory boat right now...What engine choice will be next?The basis concept of the term Factory has gotten twisted in different directions.It wont happen this year but there will be change soon,and I hope its for the better. Hopefully SBI will continue to grow,and teams like the Jersey Boyz will make a differance. When the smoke clears the only loosers are the racers and the fans.It was actually fun racing years ago without all the politics. But like everything else if life this will pass.

Frank

Old 05-06-2003, 11:23 PM
WATERBOY2

SBI?......F1 & F2 in SBI are really out of control....canopies,built motors, no weight limits etc..resulting in only a few boats in each class.

Old 05-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gotta agree with Waterboy...

Sorry Frank, but I'm not sure how the politics of APBA suddenly became part of the factory class discussion.
If you read all of this, I don't see a lot of complaints about APBA Factory class racing, I see an adult discussion about the interpretation of a weight rule, racing expenses, and most of all, the direction of the class and how we can keep it on track, not get it back on track.
It is discussions like this that get the attention of the Offshore LLC, the Homologation Director, and the Compitetion Director. These guys want the Factory classes to mature and succeed as much as the racers do, and they respect the opinions and comments that are being shared here. Just think, the members of Offshoreonly.com get to not only whitness, but possibly even play a part in the future of our sport. This could be history in the making.
So Frank, before you try to turn this into a political hotbed or an APBA against SBI thread again, why don't you just relax and allow these racers and officials to discuss the future of Factory class Offshore Powerboat racing, right here where the fans, sponsors, supporters, and everyday boaters get to watch the inside action.
This can be exciting stuff when you think about it.
Don't screw it up for everyone.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:22 AM
xtremeracingf1

Gordo,

If you dont think some of the point I mentioned are facts,and you have a better handle on it who dont you tell us why the factory class is falling apart.
You need to speak to the racers and get a better handle on it and then you will understand why the class is what it is. Speak to Rick with Team Awsome Formula,or Kevin with Team Outlaw,or Hebbirt with Team Scarab. Thats just a few I can go on and on...I just dont think you really want to know the truth.Any time someone post something you guys dont want to hear are face the fact you jump and play the Hot bed card. I just posted valid info. and opions of other factory teams that I've spoke to and that have issues.
Gordo what class do u race in F1 or F2?

Frank

Old 05-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered

i think i'm a racer....i think i have a handle on it....gordo did run F-1 by the way...

why did our team build an F-2 boat vs....well, anything else...media exposure=sponsorship!

why has the class decreased in size....some of the good F2 guys have moved on to SV, which is a great class for 2003!....the sport needs to attract more true races to the sport....not just weekend hobbyist out to have fun. Mike A. has it heading in that direction...you either can work against him or sit down with him and get an understanding of what he wants to do...then structure your business plan.

all teams are going to have issues with one thing or another....we have had some ourselves...and yes i have even brought some of them to this board immaturely.

it's herbott, by the way...and a VERY poor example as well!...using this, i now can see why you think the class"is what it is"....instead of talking to teams like your above example,,,,why not talk to a VERY successful team like Snap On Talk'n Tools????

Quick Reply: APBA Factory racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.