Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Much BIGGER turn markers. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/53852-much-bigger-turn-markers.html)

raynman 07-08-2003 08:20 PM

Randy,

I agree. These tired old eyes had a hard time picking up the bouys until the second lap and then it wasn't that easy. I'm pretty sure I've seen bigger bouys in the past. It was great to get back on the race course. Thought it was a little rough especially when my head hit the steering wheel on the first turn of the first lap. We felt real good finishing a race and not being towed in. It was a real confidence boost. Now if we can squeze
a few more mph out of our boat......!
Two things I didn't like about the race were the long wait to start and the 20 mile run out to the ocean.
The drive down and back was horrendous. Good picture in the Savannah paper on Sunday.

Ray

mikejill 07-08-2003 08:59 PM

Did you guys see the canopy on the Dolphin boat sink? There goes the finish line!

Mike & Jill - Aqua Baja pace/start boat Friday at Savannah
& Turn 1 med boat.

I agree. They need better markers. Im not quite sure what a good solution would be. Even when we went to our post we had trouble seeing them. When you have a rooster tail in your face, Im sure its tough.

Did anyone see the canopy on the dolphin boat crash? The start finish boat lost its TOP!!!!
We were sitting there with our medic and diver and all of a sudden, all of the boats stopped!
How Crazy! Just glad noone was hurt!

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the white and red Donzi.
I have some Killer shots of that boat sinking in daytona... I will be buying a better camera for the future... hopefully I can get you guys all free shots of you boats... I love doing this stuff.

We will be at Key West and Grand Bahamma.. We will load plenty of drinks and sunscreen if you guys need them again...
glad to help!

Im glad you all made it safe! I was praying before every race hoping you were all safe.

Nice talking...
jill & mike
[email protected] or [email protected]

Peconic 07-08-2003 09:35 PM

Well, that's an endorsement for bigger markers. If the turn 1 med boat can't see the markers ....

mikejill 07-08-2003 10:03 PM

Mike and I have only worked Daytona and Savannah, and we plan to do Two more this year. I keep writing down things I would change... and that would be one of them.
I sat on the front of the Baja (my fave seat in rough water), and searched for about 5 minutes looking for all of the markers...

DId you hear what we did to the guy in the... Kayak? (not sure spelling, small boat). He kept getting in the race course and the coast guard couldnt get him out the way. He was holding everything up so Jim told us to go after him....
We hit full throttle towardst he beach with a poor medic and diver hodling on for dear life. I think we stopped about 5 ft from his boat and scared the hell out of him. He still didnt get the hint (after having me cuss him out) and had to be arrested......

its all good!

We left there and everyone wanted to know where we got our boat...

How do you get started racing????
Mike and I got a business card in Daytona... a guy said he would build us a boat....
any advice?
I would KILL to be throttles...Mike and I love the sport and drool over your guys' boats. Which one do you drive?
People think we are absolutely nuts! Our boat is never in the water... we are always catching air......
too much fun!

Jill

Peconic 07-08-2003 10:42 PM

Jill: You are in the right place. I wouldn't buy a new race boat from a guy who handed me a business card. Many of the boats you have seen in Daytona and Savannah are for sale. Buy today, race tomorrow. For instance, Typhoon's white F1 boat is for sale. You have seen it in Daytona. You have seen the new black one in Savannah, that's why the white one is for sale. Send Typhoon a message if interested.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ge&userid=1035

mikejill 07-09-2003 06:27 AM

Boat

I think i know which one you are talking about. Those guys are from NY right? They had an incident at Daytona and we pulled their boat back for them.
Do you know his asking price?
I loved that boat... it was sweet.
Both of the guys were sweet too.. I remembered to give them sunscreen this time while waiting in the milling area. They are one of my faves just because I know they are good guys..

WHo drives the yellow boat and screamin nuts? I was talking to him but we went green and I had to let them go.
He had his head shaved if that helps....
I really wanted to finish our conversation....

Jill

mikejill 07-09-2003 06:32 AM

Jersey boys?

I think i know which one you are talking about. Those guys are from NY right? They had an incident at Daytona and we pulled their boat back for them.
Do you know his asking price?
I loved that boat... it was sweet.
Both of the guys were sweet too.. I remembered to give them sunscreen this time while waiting in the milling area. They are one of my faves just because I know they are good guys..

WHo drives the yellow boat and screamin nuts? I was talking to him but we went green and I had to let them go.
He had his head shaved if that helps....
I really wanted to finish our conversation....

Jill

TYPHOON 07-09-2003 06:42 AM

Jill call me about the Typhoon boat for sale for F1 or P4 class
908-346-2448
Randy

ScottB 07-09-2003 06:49 AM

Jill and Mike
Don't waste your time shopping, buy Randy's Typhoon boat.
Its a proven winner at a great price

BRUCE SEROFF 07-09-2003 07:23 AM

Mike and Jill..
Im not sure, but I think It was you guys who towed us back to the docks in Daytona after we blew the motor. i remember the baja. Pretty good pull at 9 mph against the wind.

If so, thanks again..Sorry we missed ya that night for dinner and drinks. It was a long tow and certainly very much appreciated.