Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshore Super Series (OSS) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss-192/)
-   -   Face lift on Black SVL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshore-super-series-oss/85507-face-lift-black-svl.html)

TYPHOON 08-19-2004 08:08 AM

Face lift on Black SVL

Next time you see us we will be the new and improved version. Tony P. is working his magic on the deck for better visability and bottom for better performance. Like most new boats it takes time to set them up and we have just failed to hit the mark. Running in the back just is not an option any more for us. Boys get READY TO RUMBEL. If all goes good we will make the next race. Its like starting from scratch again. You know the saying,no guts no glory. I think it should be no money no glory.
MD :)

ScottB 08-19-2004 10:50 AM

Re: Face lift on Black SVL

Good luck with it Randy, it was good to see you in Jersey

MIAMIBOYZ 08-19-2004 11:35 AM

That is why I did not buy that boat 3 years ago with the bad impression I got with the visibilty. Nevertheless, you are taking care of that now, I guess Rick and Rob when they raced it for three years they did not feal the visibilty being a problem with so many wins in that boat in A- class. Atleast 8 to 10
inches have to be notched down from the front to be able to see what is in front of you without having to stick your head out of the hatch. Good luck
with the project and let the boat rip when it is all said and done.

Ben@SRP 08-19-2004 12:14 PM

Candy,
You can see out of your boat? I can't see over the dash... :D
I just use "The Force"... Although, it's really not working real well... :rolleyes:

Ben

BJM 08-19-2004 12:36 PM

Candy
Great idea, cut down the deck so you have a better view of the transom of everyone else, at least for the first lap until they get too far ahead!

Ben@SRP 08-19-2004 12:54 PM

BJ,
Now that's funny... :D :D :D
Cuz I've been there too, so I can say that.

Ben

Peconic 08-19-2004 08:19 PM

I brought some secret Chinese joss sticks and other paraphernalia back from my trip. Hope it will work.

TYPHOON 08-20-2004 08:18 AM

Went to Tony's shop yesterday and they already have the deck cut and are ready for the glass to start today. I have pics I will post when I figure it out. BJ, the view will be great :eek: .
MD

BlakeandBrock 08-20-2004 01:00 PM

Looking forward to seeing the new black B!tch... maybe this new deck will give the trophy B!tch something to hold on to

TYPHOON 08-22-2004 10:02 AM

We feel bad for T.B. this year. It will get better, I promise.
MD :rolleyes: