Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bud Light Offshore Racing - Lake Havasu

Pre-Race Report
Offshore Super Series – Bud Light Offshore Racing
Lake Havasu, Ariz.
April 25 – 27, 2008

LAKE HAVASU, Ariz. (April 21, 2008) – The 2008 Offshore Super Series (OSS) season is underway, and Lake Havasu is the next stop for the Bud Light Offshore Team. OSS teams will take to the water for the second race of the season in conjunction with the ‘Desert Storm Poker Run’ and Pacific Offshore Powerboat Race (POPRA). Coming off a first place finish in Biloxi, Dave Scott and the Bud Light Team must now prepare to tackle this freshwater lake together for the very first time.

“I’ve never been to Lake Havasu,” Scott said. “But I’ve had a chance to look over the racecourse map and speak with our crew chief. We’re looking at the setup options we may run based on the course layout and getting the boat dialed in for this weekend.”

While Scott hasn’t maneuvered the turns and straightaways of a race on the Arizona lake, driver Mike Seebold has made the trek to ‘storm’ the desert before; however, not in an offshore boat. Both his experience on the water and knowledge of the lake conditions are sure to give the Bud Light Team an advantage over the competition.

“This is my first time in an offshore boat at Lake Havasu.” Seebold said. “I have run there before, but it was in a 17’ Formula One tunnel hull boat. Lake Havasu used to have an endurance race out there called the Havasu Classic, and I was lucky enough to win it several times.

“I kind of know what to expect as far as conditions go, and I think that will be helpful to us,” Seebold explained. “It’s going to be a super-fast racecourse. It can get a little bumpy there, but it could be just perfect for the boat we’re running. I actually hope it is a little windy and bumpy; it will free up the boat, and we’ll be able to run even better.”

Speaking of the Bud Light 50’ Mystic, Scott and the Bud Light Team have made a few changes to the boat that will ensure the team will see high speeds again this race. It won’t be the 194 mph the Bud Light Team clocked in Biloxi, but Scott predicts fans will still see speeds of more than 180 mph.

“Since Biloxi, we’ve put in some new engine rebuilds on the boat,” Scott said. “We’ll have to look at testing on Saturday to see what we want to run on Sunday in terms of props and other elements. With these updates, I think it will be a really fast race for us.”

Fans can expect a weekend full of action, with the Bud Light Team in the thick of it.

“I know it’s going to be a very busy weekend,” Scott said. “We’ve got a Poker Run going on out there, as well as our race. I understand they’re also going to try to work in a shoot-out. It’s going to be, for sure, a performance-packed weekend in Arizona. I look forward to it.”

Festivities for ‘Desert Storm’ begin Friday, April 25 as the race village opens at 10 a.m. Testing begins at noon Saturday, April 26, and official race action begins Sunday, April 27 at noon.

The Dave Scott Bud Light Offshore Race Team is one of the most successful offshore race teams in history, having earned eight world championships and ten national championship titles since 2001. The team is also the proud owner of six offshore speed records. Dave Scott, Johnny Tomlinson and Mike Seebold have more than 40 years of combined experience in offshore powerboat racing.

Introduced in 1982, Bud Light has grown to become the best-selling beer in the United States and No. 1 light beer in the world. Due to its popularity and Anheuser-Busch’s network of more than 600 wholesalers, Bud Light is among the freshest beers in the industry.

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 48.5 percent share of U.S. beer sales. The company brews the world’s largest-selling beers, Budweiser and Bud Light. Anheuser Busch also owns a 50 percent share in Grupo Modelo, Mexico’s leading brewer, and a 27 percent share in China brewer Tsingtao, whose namesake beer brand is the country’s best-selling premium beer. Anheuser-Busch ranked No. 1 among beverage companies in FORTUNE Magazine’s Most Admired U.S. and Global Companies lists in 2008. Anheuser Busch is one of the largest theme park operators in the United States, is a major manufacturer of aluminum cans and one of the world’s largest recyclers of aluminum cans. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.