Harry Fendt Joins Statement Marine >

Harry Fendt Joins Statement Marine

Notices

Harry Fendt Joins Statement Marine

Old 06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harry Fendt Joins Statement Marine

St. Petersburg, FL - They grew up around race boats their whole lives with their father, Ron Fendt, who owned "The Boat Place" on Great Kills Harbor in Staten Island, New York. He spent family time as a sport fisherman and offshore powerboat racer and the Fendt brothers recall many a fond memory in Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey, watching their dad race in the Hennessey Grand Prix and forming their own offshore dreams.

Though New Yorkers by birth, they became "nearly native" Floridians after their father moved the family to the Sarasota, Florida area where they got their feet firmly planted in the sand. "Chip" Fendt followed in his father's footsteps while younger brother Harry found his own way in the automotive field and after nearly a decade with Chrysler, and being involved with sales and marketing efforts for magazines like The DuPont Registry, Florida Sportsman and Stock Car Racing, Harry has also pursued sport fishing and is an Instrument-rated private Pilot.

As Chip moved forward with his career in performance boat racing, design, manufacturing, marketing, brokerage and most recently as part of the STATEMENT! Marine "Dream Team," of Nick Buis, Todd Werner, Mark Spates and Gene Weeks, he asked his brother Harry to come along and help with various projects. Harry was enthusiastic about getting back on the water and became STATEMENT! Marine's "go to" guy, for a wide variety of photojournalism, sales and marketing tasks. Though they appreciated his volunteer help, the company realized his worth to its marketing efforts and brought Harry on as a team member to enhance STATEMENT'S multimedia presence.

"After one ride in the Statement 42, I was hooked! The air-cushioned cockpit marks a great change in the marine industry-it is truly a marine milestone!"

Chip Fendt is pleased with the company expansion and feels that the closeness built over the years that he and Harry spent with their late father in and around powerboats is a factor in their ability to work together. "It's a way for us to keep a part of our father with us," says Chip, "I know he's proud watching us from the best seat in the House."

STATEMENT! Marine debuted its 42' "Ultimate" V-bottom and 50' catamaran hulls at the 2009 Miami International Boat Show. The V-bottom, with its patent pending air-cushioned, shock-resistant cockpit has met high acclaim in the performance boat industry for its speed, handling and sleek appearance. The likewise patent-pending Cat is scheduled to have its unique and dynamic tunnel design dialed in sometime soon. "Bringing out two new boats in one of this country's worst marine economies was questioned by many, but when they see the things we are doing with technology, design and operation, even the nay-sayers are impressed!" says Fendt, "I am delighted to be working with STATEMENT! And even happier now that my brother is on my team!"