Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
Adjustable LED Position Indicators for Tabs, Drives, Jackplates, Rudder, or Fuel and >

Adjustable LED Position Indicators for Tabs, Drives, Jackplates, Rudder, or Fuel and

Notices

Adjustable LED Position Indicators for Tabs, Drives, Jackplates, Rudder, or Fuel and

Old 08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable LED Position Indicators for Tabs, Drives, Jackplates, Rudder, or Fuel and

These state-of-the-art indicators by Livorsi Marine, Inc. are capable of reading CAN Bus protocols such as SmartCraft® (with Gateway), NMEA 2000® and J1939, as well as 0-5 volt or resistive-type (ohms) inputs. The technology used for these indicators can be applied to a wide range of applications such as trim tabs, drives, jackplates, rudder indicators, water level, or fuel level.

What sets these displays apart from anything else is the single middle green LED. What makes it so special is that fact that you can program it for indication of 50% set point; no matter what is being monitored. Or, you may establish the optimum running angle - or sweet spot (not at 50%), to dial-in the vessel for optimal running efficiency so the novice boater always runs at the correct trim. This is especially important when setting the device to work with a non-linear sender. By having the ability to introduce a 'mid point' setting, the indicator can more accurately track the entire range of operation, giving more resolution than if only a high and low point were known.

The LED indicators can also eliminate the need for mechanical 33C cables which are typically used for drive and tab indication. These cables have a tendency to deteriorate, will fail over time, and are inaccurate due to lost cable motion. With the Livorsi LED indicators, mechanical cables are replaced by more reliable network wiring that allows 'plug n play' connectivity into existing tab or drive position sensors.
If you do not have drive trim or tab sensors, we have the solution. For applications or retrofits that do not have electronic position sensors, Livorsi can provide you with a mechanical to electronic converter solution so that you may take advantage of the accuracy and benefits of Livorsi's LED Indicators.

No matter what information you are looking to display (fuel level, drive trim, tab position, etc.), the data is brought into the communication network with 'plug n play' harnessing and is received (Rx) via the network cable to the LED indicator for display. The LED indicator can also transmit (Tx) this information via CAN bus to other compatible displays such as Garmin, Lowrance or Raymarine via NMEA 2000®, SmartCraft® (with Gateway) or J1939 protocols. If your boat is already transmitting (Tx) NMEA 2000® data (tabs, drives, fuel level, water level, rudder angle, etc.), simply plug the indicator into the NMEA 2000® backbone to begin displaying the desired feature on the indicator.

The super bright LED's can be seen in direct sunlight even with polarized sunglasses. With a range of 250 brightness intensity levels, you are guaranteed the best view possible, day or night. We accomplish this with the use of an ambient light sensor which provides automatic adjustment of the LED brightness according to available light conditions.

Configurations

Indicator configurations are available in a vertical or horizontal layout in 1, 2, 3 or 4 slots and are environmentally sealed to eliminate exposure to the elements. Each slot accommodates two analog inputs. One analog input drives the indicator bar, the other drives the optional red warning LED located at the bottom of the slot. Warnings may include (but are not limited to): Oil pressure, water temperature or low fuel to name a few.

Calibration

Calibration of the indicator is performed via the proximity/ambient light sensor located on the front of the unit. Simple to follow and easy to use step-by-step instructions are included to ensure installation and setup is a snap.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have real world experience with this new technology? I'm considering it for a retrofit on a twin bravo trim app using the mech to electrical converter. I want resolution to be better than the old gimbal mounted trim/limit mercruiser sensors I have now. I like the concept but am a little leary without getting some feedback from end users.

Thanks

BT
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Huh?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Does anyone have real world experience with this new technology? I'm considering it for a retrofit on a twin bravo trim app using the mech to electrical converter. I want resolution to be better than the old gimbal mounted trim/limit mercruiser sensors I have now. I like the concept but am a little leary without getting some feedback from end users.

Thanks

BT
They are outstanding. I own them and use them on a high performance boat. They are simply a display device which, as stated, works off digital information and eliminates the need for cables, etc.

The display has several vertical dots -- I cannot tell you how many -- but there is plenty of increment there for even the most precise user, but not too many increments. Of course, the display is not meant to replace a SmartCraft Vessel View device from Mercury, which of course is accurate to a hair.

The display colors are pleasing to the eye and bright enough for any situation. The colors are blue and green, and they can be switched around as desired by the user.