Kurt Berger Joins Frisini Motorsports >

Kurt Berger Joins Frisini Motorsports

Notices

Kurt Berger Joins Frisini Motorsports

Old 10-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kurt Berger Joins Frisini Motorsports

FORT PIERCE, FLA. (Oct. 4) — Kurt Berger, Frisini Motorsports’ new Chief Operating Officer, made his first official visit to the company’s Florida boat-building operations last week. Berger, formerly of Kurt’s Marine Competition Center Inc. of Brick, N.J., will be overseeing boat production, rigging, engine programs, service and more.

With 35 years of experience building and rigging high-performance boats, not to mention the hours of cockpit race experience, Berger is looking forward to the new endeavor with Tony Frisina, president of Frisini Motorsports.

“Tony came to me at an opportune time with his quest to enhance his company,” Berger said. “He was looking for someone who had the same drive and passion as he does with the experience that I have. Tony has a vision. His goal to produce the safest and best-built boats for a realistic price can now be achieved with the team he’s put together.”

With Chris Dilling managing the boat operations in Florida and Chuck Penwell working up the new tooling, Berger said the company’s goals are to build the finest offshore performance boats the market has ever seen. Berger’s primary office will remain inside the former Kurt's Marine Competition Center facility in Brick, and he will handle sales, service, storage, rigging and more from the shop.

Meanwhile, the addition gives Frisini a leg up in New Jersey as the new facility complements the on-water sales and service center already operating in conjunction with Frisini, Arrow Marine Services in Toms River.

“Kurt is such a great fit for Frisini Motorsports,” Frisina said. “To bring someone in of his caliber, with his experience, gives us a lot more credence. He’s an outstanding rigger and he knows how to set up a boat—as he’s proved over the years driving and working on race boats that always finish. Plus, he’s an honest, likeable guy with a solid reputation and a tremendous amount of passion for the sport.”
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is some great news for our boating world ! Kurt has more experience than most and has developed many trick inventions in offshore racing. All the engines that he designed were unreal. This fall season is going to be a busy one for him with the re power upgrades and rigging at his Mantoloking road Brick NJ facility. Tony's(Frisini Motorsports) boats seem to be amazing and now with the 3 locations Tony obviously did his research on this one. Greg
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Kurt - Best of luck on your new adventure
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats to kurt. I think I met Chuck Penwell years ago. Is he the glass guy from Hustler years ago? He did glass work under Penwell Enterprises?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations Kurt...I wish you much success!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Guess I'll have to get off the couch and take the 35 minute drive to Ft Pierce to check out what's going on at Frisini! I could use a little fix of resin fumes and fiberglass!!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will Frisini be at the miami boat show with any product this year