Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
Custom Marine - 496 E-Top Headers Are A Direct Replacement For Your	496 Mag Or 496 HO >

Custom Marine - 496 E-Top Headers Are A Direct Replacement For Your 496 Mag Or 496 HO

Notices

Custom Marine - 496 E-Top Headers Are A Direct Replacement For Your 496 Mag Or 496 HO

Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Marine - 496 E-Top Headers Are A Direct Replacement For Your 496 Mag Or 496 HO

"I recently installed CMI's new 496 Elbow Top header package on my boat. All I can say is WOW! I gained 4 MPH...the throttle response has also greatly improved. The best part, I did all the work myself."
Todd R. / Linwood, MN

CMI’s 496 E-Top Headers are a direct Mercruiser replacement for your 496 Mag or 496 HO engine. There is no need to purchase additional custom tails. This is a true plug and play system.

These 496 E-Tops are mandrel bent and formed from high quality 316L grade material. The headers offer more water jacketed protection than your stock exhaust can provide. CMI uses the same high quality semi-automated process on these headers as with the entire product line. These headers are fully post annealed to reduce stresses built up in the header during the manufacturing process.

Sophisticated engineering leaves your stock oil lines in place and only requires relocating your oil filter with a supplied bracket. These 496 E-Top headers are easy to install with step by step, do it yourself instructions using CMI supplied engine schematics.

This kit is price competitive to other aluminum/stainless manifold systems. The 496 E-Top Header kit introduces CMI’s new low cost satin stainless finish or choose from the classic polished stainless finish.

• No custom tailpipes required, the 496 E-Top is designed
as a direct replacement for your stock exhaust
• Infuses the competitive racing look to your stock engine
• 1 7/8" id primary to reach peak horse power and torque
• Works on drive centers as narrow as 34.5"
• Cool collar patented flange designed to eliminate the risk
of getting water in the motor by the head flange
• No need to relocate the stock ECU, making installation quick & easy
• Exhaust water temperature bungs installed as standard equipment
• No cast parts to crack, all of CMI Headers are made from domestic 316L stainless steel

For more information, call Custom Marine at 920-720-4225.